Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog šŸ•µ

Iā€™ve updated but TransferWise option isnā€™t on there.

They are slowly rolling out the feature to users even if you have the latest app update, if you require the feature now just message cops and they can activate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s not really an update then is it?:wink:

2 Likes

I seem to have duplicate moneybox DD s shoWing iN Commited Spending :thinking:

1 Like

Screenshots below on Transferwise in Monzo, on Android :sunglasses:

1523626486Screenshot_20180625-173415Screenshot_20180625-173432

2 Likes

Thereā€™s also been a handful of Joint Account changes! :sunglasses:

But Iā€™ve not got one, nor do I have access to one :sweat_smile: so no screenshots from me :see_no_evil:

Same, I have a DD from ā€˜3ā€™ showing in Bills and in the General category. One which is greyed out as a future payment, however payment was todayā€¦

Are you definitely on the beta channel? :blush:

You could reboot your phone and head back into the play store, instead of just looking in the update list jump into the Monzo app on the play store :grin: thereā€™s a higher chance that youā€™ll see the update :wink:

1 Like

I also donā€™t have the update yet.

Itā€™s worth noting that developers can deploy to x% of beta users so this may be the reason :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here, but remove 3 for Virgin Media. Iā€™m not using the beta version though.

Are there any plans to implement a splash screen?

On a cold launch of the app, the transaction list shows briefly before the fingerprint lock is then requested.

Iā€™m guessing this is because the fingerprint requirement is checked after the app becomes ā€˜readyā€™ and the transaction list has already loaded.

If a splash screen (on top of the standard android loading splash) is used and set as the main activity, this can then check if fingerprint/pin is required without the brief flash of transactions.

There already is one :see_no_evil:

What you are describing is actually a bug which weā€™re trying to fix :+1:

7 Likes

Why beta version is not available to even all of the beta testers ? @HughWells

It should be rolling out today :raised_hands: The version is 2.3.0 but it can take a while to propogate to everyone :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Apparently you can now also setup scheduled payments to pots with this beta, but thatā€™s not on the log :tired_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::smirk:

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know. It could be that they are only testing it on a small scale and itā€™s not ready for mass testing yet. I just tried to set up a scheduled payments to pot, it wonā€™t let me choose an amount bigger than my current balance.

1 Like

I think that is because it makes the initial transfer to pot when you setup the scheduled paymentā€¦

Scheduled payments to pots appeared in my beta app. C360_2018-06-26-13-27-40-893Screenshot_20180626-132246

But there is no option to actually add one yet

Not quite trueā€¦ You can make a transfer initially as you setup the schedule but you donā€™t have to. I set mine up as a future dated one as itā€™s for the 25th month and that had just been moved using IFTTT. I think Monzo need to rework this a little

It says Scheduled pot on your screenshot - Are you saying itā€™s not enabled?