Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog šŸ•µ

Happy Thursday! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And what better way to spend it than having a nosy at what Monzo have done in version 2.30.0 :sunglasses:

Changelog:

Immediately noticeable changes :eyes:

Investor card on the account page :blush:

New Labs Flag for Android :smiley:

image image

Shared Tabs has its own tab :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing better than a sneak peak at something new :eyes::hot_coral_heart:

So hereā€™s an early look at the new Pot Detail design :heart_eyes:

The Investec Savings Pot is even more amazing :eyes:

Shows:

• The interest rate
  • What Iā€™ve already earned in January so far :grin:
  • My total gains :money_mouth_face:
  • My scheduled payment into the pot!!
  • Deposits, withdrawls & round-ups so farā€¦
  • And the docs for the savings pot :hot_coral_heart:

But hereā€™s a look at a Coin Jar! :smiley:

16 Likes

How are you getting to this view? Iā€™ve downloaded 2.30.0 and canā€™t seem to find it

1 Like

Aha, itā€™s not something you can access from the UI :slight_smile: you need to use a ā€œdeep linkā€ with a Pot ID obtained from the Monzo API :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Itā€™s not easily accessible for the masses yet :see_no_evil:

The good news is that Monzo have this new UI hidden behind a feature flag :smiley: So it could appear for anybody at any time (assuming thereā€™s no show stopping bugs) :smiley:

Advanced Section

The format, if anybody is interested :wink: is:

monzo://pot_detail/{pot_id}

(where {pot_id} is obtained from Monzoā€™s API)

He will be triggering the custom flags either from the API itself or a custom launcher.

2 Likes

PhotoEditor_20190110_114902245

I noticed a mini bug. The refreshing animation circle appears and wonā€™t go away on the payments tab.

2 Likes

Yep itā€™s a known bug :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gutted there is no investor card on the iOS TestFlight :sob:

2 Likes

:muscle:

4 Likes

Screenshot_20190110-101353

This is what is shown on the interest pot screen.
The breakdown of interest per month and the total is definitely a welcome change.

5 Likes

:joy::muscle:

Iā€™ve even been to the gym today :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Glad the beta arrived this morning :yum:

2 Likes

And saving the least exciting new stuff for last :wink: (well, itā€™s still exciting! Just not ā€œPot Detailā€ exciting :smirk:)

Some new graphics :smiley::eyes:

Our investor card image :smiley:
card_monzo_investor_clear

And its frozen counterpart :thinking: (Iā€™m really not sure why a regular frozen card wasnā€™t enough :joy: but points for attention to detail :wink: (Iā€™m wonder if Monzo could use a ā€œfrozen_card_overlay.pngā€ instead? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It might save on future maintenance)

card_monzo_investor_frozen

And then we have a boring change followed by an interesting one :smiley:

ic_default_pot ic_regular_pot

Simple name change and a bit of a shrink (went from ic_default_pot.png to ic_regular_pot.png - I would hazard a guess that this is due to the incoming Pots expansion!) (Left: old, Right: new)

When Pots started, they were simple. Monzo is now growing Pots at significant speed! :smiley: Now thereā€™s more than 1 type (with more in the works :eyes:) default no longer fits the bill :stuck_out_tongue:

Super Secret Pot Info

Itā€™s not so secret really :innocent:
Donā€™t forget that thereā€™s, currently, 4 types of Pot! Theyā€™re just not available to the public yet :stuck_out_tongue:

<string name="pot_class_title">Select Pot type</string>
    <string name="pot_class_title_investments">Investment Pot</string>
    <string name="pot_class_title_regular">Regular Pot</string>
    <string name="pot_class_title_savings">Savings Pot</string>
    <string name="pot_committed_spending_name">Committed Spending</string>

And finally, recurring payments :smiley: This is an icon which youā€™ll see (:soon::tm:) in your Pot Detail screen :hot_coral_heart:

ic_recurring_payments

I suppose it wouldnā€™t be fair to keep it to myself :joy: Hereā€™s what it looks like in action! :smiley:

Iā€™m not entirely sure why Monzo didnā€™t just re-use the icon from ā€œScheduled Paymentsā€ ic_action_manage_direct_debits.png

ic_action_manage_direct_debits

Perhaps somebody from the Android Dev team can shed some light on those couple of Qā€™s :innocent:(@ataulm, @edwoollard) :grin:

15 Likes

Bravo sir :clap:

1 Like

I think the grey background on the icon is more appealing.

2 Likes

I must have missed the Investment Pot thread/info. :thinking: Or, is this the first sighting?

2 Likes

Itā€™s still well hidden so not ready for launch yet

1 Like

As @Rat_au_van said, itā€™s the first sighting in the wild and itā€™s very well hidden :stuck_out_tongue: (requiring access to the API to even begin accessing it) :slight_smile:

As for investment pots, the hint has been in the code for a while nowā€¦ But nothing is user-accessible (likely a feature flag controlled by Monzo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

8 Likes

If youā€™re on the beta channelā€¦ Tap on your pots! :eyes::eyes:

Thereā€™s a new feature :grin::grin:

10 Likes

:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like