Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog šŸ•µ

You probably have, I meant I have had the opposite message. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Yes, I still have the message showing for me.

Just to pour salt into the wound @BethS mine says Iā€™ve got over Ā£100 :wink: it of course wonā€™t be that at the end of the month!

1 Like

I never even knew the other message existed :joy: #tragic

3 Likes

2.21.0 now available :blush:

Screenshot_20181025-175108_Google%20Play%20Store

Edit: APKMirror: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/monzo/monzo-bank/monzo-bank-2-21-0-release/monzo-bank-2-21-0-android-apk-download/

3 Likes

Version 2.21.0 is definitely available :tada:

Looks like I was beaten to the punch by a couple of minutes :eyes: But in the meantime Iā€™ve dug around and looked for new features :grin:

Pot Image Edits!

Screenshot_20181025-181124 Screenshot_20181025-181131

Click the settings cog on any of your pots and tap the photo! Sadly thereā€™s no custom image uploads (yet) but itā€™s awesome to be able to edit without deleting a whole pot just to alter the photo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Set a profile photo (again)

Looks like this was broken in Android 9.0 Pie but itā€™s back again, you can upload, remove and take a new photo for your Monzo.me / Monzo-to-Monzo payments picture :blush:

Screenshot_2018-10-25-18-20-04

(Anybody else think an 8-bit Monzo card would look hella awesome?! :sunglasses:)

Under the Hood

You can definitely check the Slack channel for a full teardown of the APK :eyes::see_no_evil: but a summary of the changes this week is this; thereā€™s been a LOT of changes surrounding Pots! :honey_pot:

Not to mention Tabs! :tada: Looks like some changes to the contacts screen might be incomingā€¦ Starred Contacts anybody? :star:

And Iā€™ll leave the rest as a surprise for the future :joy:

9 Likes

Version 2.22.0 :boom::boom::boom:

Nothing on the surface for me yetā€¦ But I know thereā€™s some new things lurking :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Scratch that! :joy::joy: They added a new Monzo-Blue pot background colour :wink:

Screenshot_20181102-182724

Apk mirror: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/monzo/monzo-bank/monzo-bank-2-22-0-release/monzo-bank-2-22-0-android-apk-download/

2 Likes

2.22.0 Changes :eyes:
Iā€™m going to make this a wiki so feel free to add to it until I close it :blush:

Blue pot background :grin:
Screenshot_20181102-184614

Add to Google pay :grin:

Screenshot_2018-11-03-00-37-40
Screenshot_2018-11-02-22-16-54

1 Like

Screenshot_20181102-221226_1ss

Thereā€™s a big add to Google Pay button. This is good however Iā€™ve already added my card to Google Pay long ago so I donā€™t really need this.

3 Likes

Todayā€™s the day! Beta time :joy:

Version 2.23.0 Beta :tada:

Changelog:

Screenshot_20181107-122537

APKMirror Link: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/monzo/monzo-bank/monzo-bank-2-23-0-release/monzo-bank-2-23-0-android-apk-download/

2 Likes

Interesting that this is on the changelog, shared tabs is live without the beta releaseā€¦

1 Like

Correct, Tabs has been available since 2.21.0 :eyes:

After looking at the diff inside the APK I can see that Tabs has changed a little tiny bit between 2.22.0 & 2.23.0 :slight_smile:

I would assume the reason for the changelog being as it is, is because at the time of releasing 2.22.0 Tabs wasnā€™t available. But it is now :slight_smile: So they can finally shout about it in the changelogs :wink:

2 Likes

A bit weird though since itā€™s in labs. Hey ho!

Thatā€™s why itā€™s in the beta changelog and not the public one :wink:

But I do see where youā€™re coming from :joy::grin:

1 Like

As I often do, I reinstalled the latest Monzo beta :grin: I like to do so on the off chance that the login or other flows within the app have changed between beta versions :eyes: (I canā€™t help but have a nosy :joy:)

This time around I noticed a lovely new screen appear when heading to the payments tab :tada:

This graphic was updated slightly:
Screenshot_20181109-133946

And this entire screen was added :wink: Looks pretty good IMO!

Screenshot_20181109-133953

6 Likes

Has the account settings button moved? I canā€™t find mine anywhere? :thinking:

Not recently but yep :grin: Itā€™s moved slightly

What you want to do is head to the ā€œAccountā€ tab (along the bottom)
Then hit the ā€œPROFILEā€ button next to your name, photo, account number & sort code :slight_smile: Thatā€™s where all of your account settings live.

If youā€™d like to look at the app settings:
Once youā€™re inside the ā€œProfileā€ page ā€œSETTINGSā€ will be in the top right corner of your screen :slight_smile:

Is that what you were after? :smiley:

2 Likes

Version 2.24.0 :tada:

Screenshot_20181114-151338

Apkmirror: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/monzo/monzo-bank/monzo-bank-2-24-0-release/monzo-bank-2-24-0-android-apk-download/

Changes: Will update if I find anything not on the (short) changelog

3 Likes

Looks like another quick shortcut bites the dust :grimacing:

Screenshot_20181114-151910

Down to two :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Tabs saw an update on the ā€œTabs Onboardingā€ :smiley:

Screenshot_20181114-192007

3 Likes

Just updated and now can expand the notifications. Yay

2 Likes