Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog šŸ•µ

I donā€™t see anything either. @nexusmaniac, where you at?! :grinning:

3 Likes

Screenshot_20190315-010752_Google%20Play%20Store

Any ideas on how to do this from the most recent update? Thanks

I was sleeping :joy:

I do have the update though, once I get into work Iā€™ll decompile and see where the magic is hiding :sunglasses::tada:

4 Likes

So Iā€™ve been on the chat to Monzo about this.

Hereā€™s what they had to say.

Screenshot_20190315-081906_Monzo

Screenshot_20190315-010752_Google%20Play%20Store

Screenshot_20190315-015259_Monzo

2 Likes

Itā€™s beta day! :hot_coral_heart::boom: This update came out quite late last night (thanks Google) :stuck_out_tongue:

Version: 2.39.0 :tada:

Changelog: @16bitkieran posted this above (ty! :boom:) but Iā€™m just pasting here to stick to my regular format :yum:

Teardown: https://community.monzo.com/t/monzo-for-android-teardowns-deep-dives/58518/79?u=nexusmaniac

2 Likes

Hereā€™s something the changelog didnā€™t announce :eyes:

Thereā€™s now a button to hide your card number again after youā€™re done :slight_smile:

This happened anyway if you changed tab or closed the app - but itā€™s nice to have full control over your card numberā€™s visibility :slight_smile:

Any ideas about the monzo map or how to access it? :pray:

1 Like

Noooo :sob: Not yet :eyes:

As soon as I find out Iā€™ll be sure to shout about it :tada:

Iā€™m guessing itā€™s a feature_flag :frowning: But as Iā€™m no longer rooted I donā€™t have the means to find out :frowning:

1 Like

Cool, you updated to Android Q as well then :grin:ā€¦ Weird that they mention monzo maps in the change log but donā€™t give any access to it :thinking:

2 Likes

Sorry, I forgot to turn on the maps flag :see_no_evil:
Should be there nowā€¦ Enjoy!

8 Likes

Monzo Maps are live :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Screenshot_20190315-110457 Screenshot_20190315-110804

Go to accounts > profile > tap beside your profile photo :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Mine doesnā€™t seem accurate.

I live in the Northwest but apparently Iā€™ve been to the cinema 100s of miles away :confused:

Screenshot_20190315-110808_Monzo

Same. Iā€™ve got ATMā€™s in Scotland and transactions all over the place. Actually worried me more then intrigued me.

3 Likes

Same here. Some of those in Scotland are ATM transactions and Iā€™ve not been there either :confused:

Yeah, Iā€™ve never been to Northern Ireland but Iā€™ve got a Matalan transaction from there :joy:

Some transactions donā€™t link to the physical location they link to the payment processing location :yum:

This is why youā€™ll notice some discrepancies :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah I got that. Real shame because it renders the feature almost useless.

I suppose unless you use it as a travel memento?

2 Likes

If thatā€™s the case, it either needs fixing (somehow) or if it canā€™t be done it makes the whole feature pretty useless.

In fact, it will probably exacerbate things because people will assume theyā€™re fraudulent transactions and according to my map thereā€™s quite a few :scream:

3 Likes

Yep, we do the best with the merchant data that weā€™ve got as we donā€™t use the gps location. Often the payment terminals send a different address (head office for example) to the place that theyā€™re physically located.

On the whole the markers should be reasonably accurate, but there will most likely be a few in places that you werenā€™t expecting ā€“ iā€™ve seen the middle of the ocean :pirate_flag:

If/when we decide to do some more work on this, then weā€™ll have to figure out a way of cleaning up the merchant data, which isnā€™t a particularly easy taskā€¦

5 Likes

Like this one one mine?

There are dots all over the place :see_no_evil:

7 Likes

I donā€™t think that actually was the TV Licensing company on the phone :wink:

6 Likes