Monzo Direct Debit Support Force - Sign up here

Maybe worth following it up with BACS again? Or you know just cancel the DD with your legacy bank and reply to all their follow-ups with your Monzo bank details - vote with your wallet!

2 Likes

Nice in concept, not worth risking my credit rating.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear about this :frowning:

I’m going to see what we can do our end to poke this a little more.

2 Likes

Thanks! :female_detective:

Anyone here tried or had issue with Santander Consumer Finance? :thinking:

I’ve been contacting their support, Monzo’s and figured I’d ask the community too! :smile:

Long story short, they’re having issue, originally had a DD setup but no funds were even taken :frowning: And since then the DD has been cancelled with the promise of them setting it back up, etc. but that was over a week ago and upon phoning them again today nothing has been setup in their system and my acc. number “disappears” when entered into their system (but they do have it on another part of their system… *sigh*

Hugh, did you happen to hear back from them? I don’t have a ton of hope since they blamed me in calls, passed me off on Twitter, ignored messages through their site and apparently ignored Bacs, too… One contract I sure regret!

@GalaxyMergirl

So, apparently Relish rely on Equifax for validating account details, as do many companies and the issue seems to be there. We are reaching out to understand the issue here but I’m afraid there aren’t any updates as such :frowning:

1 Like

Ah, Equifax, the ones where half my accounts are missing from my credit report because they can’t recognise gender neutral titles. Equifax with the massive data breach, too. Joy.

Thanks for the update!

2 Likes

Genuine wtf moment for me here. I suppose it prevents having to write something yourself, but you’d HOPE anyone doing this as a service would be a bit more on the ball. (ha, ha, ha)

2 Likes

It is Equifax we are talking about…

1 Like

Just to jump onto the end of this… I’m currently dealing with a problem where my account details aren’t being accepted and after some chatting back and forth internally with their finance team, it’s come out that Equifax are the problem, as the company I’m dealing with use them too.

They (with my permission) have forwarded on the account details to Equifax to investigate, so I’m hoping for a positive outcome. I’ve made it quite clear that just coming back with a “sorry we can’t do this” won’t be acceptable…

Disappointing to see that Equifax have had this broken for months (considering the last reply was January and it’s now the end of April) and done nothing.

1 Like

8 months on and they’re STILL refusing to accept Monzo :frowning: – at least for direct debits.

2 Likes

Has anyone managed to get Better Gym to work?
I moved the direct debit using CASS and it didn’t work. So I went into my gym to fix they added the details again and it still isn’t working!

Just realized my above post might not have been super obvious, was referring to better gyms too – they literally told me today “we don’t do those new banks that nobody knows about”. Slightly infuriating😅

1 Like

They what now? :joy::joy::joy:

With the amount of businesses going under I don’t understand why they’d try and turn away paying customers

1 Like

It is also against BACS rules. To whom they can be reported.

2 Likes

Can someone from Monzo try and talk to them? I did actually ask a CS person to ages ago when I was in the CA beta but I don’t know if it happened.

Whilst it’s probably against BACS rules I can’t switch gym I get a discount with Better from work and can’t afford it otherwise.

I’m training for a 10K and need my gym!

Also I paid this month’s membership with a normal merchant payment but they won’t let me in because the direct debit isn’t working.

Think the easiest option would be reporting in the in app chat, they’ll be able to pass it on to the right people. Know you’ve done it before but it’s not in Beta anymore so they might have more success

Contacted support through the app but scrolling through this thread it looks like they’ve been aware of it for a long time.

Support said it could take a couple of weeks.

Don’t pay until they agree to take your money from that “new bank nobody knows about”? Cancel the DD on your old bank, send them your Monzo details again as a reminder, and if they still don’t do it then just find another gym.

Virgin Active is more than happy to accept my Monzo account. :wink: