Monzo 'Dashboard' - Add your own data

Good spot! Fixed.

I’m more surprised that it was that and not category. Cat-eeee-gory, as I say to myself each time I write it.

Got it working via linking to the auto-exported Google sheet from Premium.

Loving #megapulse :wink:

But I don’t have enough data (almost unused personal account) to make it come to life properly, which is why I’d like to get my JA data in there, but still having issues manually pasting in data :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Are the columns/headers all the same?

Seems strange otherwise why it isn’t picking it up. The helper columns go down about 100,000 rows, is it beyond that?

1 Like

Yeah the Mega Pulse in this is lovely. Far better than the analytics I got set up before I got bored of Google Sheets!!

Guess when I sent my deposit money to the solicitors:

Thanks for taking the time to set up!

3 Likes

I’ve noticed another slight inconsistency, I think.

On the Merchant Check tab, the currency is always labeled as GBP, even if the original transaction wasn’t.

I’m nit picking. I still think it’s fabulous!!

1 Like

Ahh, it’s probably all pointing at the column along and I’ve formatted it all as £

I’ll have a think if there’s an easy way to pick out the currency.

I just (from memory, it was late last night and I’m away from a computer at the moment) changed the 9 to 11 in the formula. I’ve left the amount in £, because that made sense for me.

I only noticed because I use Burger King in Spain and U.K. and I thought the currency label would be a cool way to differentiate them.

1 Like

Now I’m back at a computer, can confirm this worked for me. Changed 9 to 11 in K4 and copy/pasted down.

I’ve just had a play. This is excellent!

For others: after pasting my Plus Google export URL in, I had to jump to the next tab and give the spreadsheet permission to access the data. After that, all was very good. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, I’m trying to set this up but I can’t get passed the first step. I’ve downloaded my data as CSV and uploaded it to drive without converting to Google Sheets, I named it ‘Monzo Transactions’ but when I go onto the transactions page I get this error ‘=IMPORTRANGE(Setup!C2,“Monzo Transactions!A:P”)’. I then tried converting the CSV to Google Sheets and the same thing is happening. The ‘First Monzo Data’ also isn’t getting any information.

The formula should be =IMPORTRANGE(“spreadsheet url”, Monzo Transactions!A:P)

“Spreadsheet url” is the url of the csv file you want to import.

Pasting the data into the next tab might work just as well.

The URL can also be in that C2 cell on the set up sheet, I did it that way to save people having to edit a formula.

Have you tried what Peter said in the post above yours with the permissions?

Just tried myself, and for further information, I went to cell A1 on the “Monzo Transactions” sheet of the copy in Google Sheets and there was a blue button showing as “Allow Access”

Clicked that and all good

Great work @Revels!

2 Likes

I’ve seen what He’s said and what @SouthseaOne below me has said but I can’t see a blue button to ‘allow access’ and can’t find another way to allow it. I assume this means I don’t need to give it permission but I’m not sure

I did see that a lot of the calculations, especially those with dropdown menus, did not work/fetch data till I changed them

Otherwise if you just copy the data and paste it, that should work.

Copy from your new sheet to the transactions tab

So I assume you meant literally just copying the data from my export to your template, if that is what you meant, it appears to have worked!

1 Like

Finally found some time to play with this.

My favourite tab is the ‘Compare’ one. Seeing how I’m doing this month compared to last is key to making small incremental changes to my bad spending habits. Thanks @Revels great job :+1:

You’re welcome!

I’m glad people are getting some use from it.

Only curio is that your mega-pulse, and the version I created for my workbook inspired by it, both have my overall total a bit lower than the actual total in the app

Interest paid to my pots? Any other ideas before I go digging in?