Monzo Community Mobile App?

Not sure I particularly fancy some unnecessary code being put into the banking app, the main way in to the bank

In the very dog days of the Starling forum they first allowed and then enforced that - you added the forum via the marketplace

It was quite a nice implementation, but then they nuked the whole thing literally a couple of weeks later

Arguments against this abound

1. What about people thinking of joining or re-joining the bank?

2. What about interested parties without accounts? There are a few people on the forum who have valuable insights in the sector without necessarily being account holders

3. Does everybody want their opinions here directly linked to their account? Obviously I totally blew that one by choosing my name when I created my account and now have to style it out, but it could be a concern for some

3 Likes

Thanks Michael.

Yes, I see your point. Perhaps it poses as a security risk too.

As it’s a ‘Monzo community’ I thought it was primarily geared for ‘Monzo’ users or people linked to the business. Didn’t realise anyone could pipe in. But it’s good to know that subject matter experts can get involved.

Well that I don’t get. The only people who would know that I’m ‘linked’ to my account is Monzo itself and would hope they wouldn’t abuse that knowledge. That being said, I don’t understand why some people are bothered by such things - each to their own.

Again, thanks Michael for taking time to reply. Glad my first interaction with the Community didn’t go down in flames :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome onboard!

So long as you come with an open mind, contributing where you can and listening and learning when you cannot, I am sure you will enjoy it

The only gripe I have with Hermit is that I can’t get push notifications with the Monzo forum. There’s no RSS feed and when I go into my settings here on the site, it says “browser not compatible” (or something along those lines). That aside, it’s an excellent app

1 Like