Monzo closing bank cifas cat6

Lloyds put the marker on they said they wnt remove it unless i can provide some evidence which i dont have only people that have power to overule is ombudsman its been 5 months im still waiting for a reply from them. Being bankless is like being in prison!

There’s accounts you can still use, so technically you’re not bankless, you just can’t access the ones you’d like to use. I’ve yet to see anyone come back who’s had one of these markers to say a credit union won’t help them. Fair enough there might be a small monthly fee, but it functions as an account which can have salaries paid into, direct debits out etc.

Obviously when the marker eventually clears the world will open up again for banking options.

Edit and now I’ve looked back, you’ve got one already, so you’ve literally got an account which will take the incoming salaries and function as a bank account.

1 Like

These are the consequences for you doing the wrong thing. I imagine it’s better than going to actual prison. So just ride it out and make sure you learn your lesson.

If your credit union allows you to get your wages paid in then thats all you really need. Focus on your studies or career or whatever you’re doing with life and before you know it the marker will have expired.

6 Likes