Monzo card refresh

the people you refer to as ‘avid collectors’ are just that… @Ordog asked if people still USE their cards.

sure, some ‘collectors’ probably do, but I bet you a lot of them also don’t (i for one don’t)

2 Likes

Lots of people use their cards.

But there was a definite contradiction between “Nobody uses the cards” and the excitement to get a new card when the neon ones appeared. Maybe that was for a collection and to never leave the house, in which case it being embossed and harming a wallet makes no difference.

I still use mine all the time, probably 50% time I would guess, compared to ApplePay.

3 Likes

I don’t think @Ordog is one of us. Maybe if I made that comment it would’ve worked better.

I only use my physical cards if absolutely necessary and I can’t remember the last time that was. I did use the Flex physical card quite a lot when first got it though.

1 Like

I use Samsung Pay most of the time. Can’t remember the last time I used my physical card.

1 Like

my cards just look nice in my card sleeve, but i can’t remember the last time i used them

1 Like

Quiet, my yellow one hasn’t left my wallet since Tokyo where it was needed, my Monzo cards are made of Steel and Glass (my iPhone) or Aluminum and Glass (my apple watch)

3 Likes

Pretty much the only time I use my card is when I have to pay for fuel at Costco, for everything else I use Apple Pay.

1 Like

it will never happen but it would be interesting to see the data on how many people use physical vs digital and the percentage of those who use a mixture of both and if there’s a pattern in what type of purchase they use it for ie. fuel, abroad spending etc

Don’t forget all the posts about wallets!

3 Likes

makes a thread discussing which digital wallet is best

3 Likes

I appreciate a good design and get involved in all those discussions. Heck, I’m even in #teamyellow :sunshine: but it’s very rare that I use my card these days.

They’re mainly there for emergencies as someone mentioned earlier, like if my phone died or was lost/stolen.

2 Likes

The best team

3 Likes

I’m #teamallmyfriendswereonmonzoanditshardtomakenewfriendsinlondonforthepurposeofanewcardcolour which is clearly the best one :+1:t2:

4 Likes

I completely understand where you’re coming from! Having non-embossed cards and the option to order cards without contactless would definitely make things more convenient for those of us who are trying to simplify our wallets. It would be great to see more banks and financial institutions embrace these changes in the future.