Monzo API Projects

Hi everyone! :raised_hand:

I’m just putting together a list of projects that use the Monzo API, and realised there isn’t a definitive list! Richard’s list on GitHub, Awesome Monzo, includes some really great ones but doesn’t have everything…

An example would be Stuart Taylor’s piggy bank, but I know there are plenty of startups which are using Monzo in their prototypes and more. Can you help me by throwing a few links my way? :blush:

3 Likes

It’d be great to have a complete list but is there a particular reason why Richard’s can’t be the one?

GitHub seems like the natural place for the list, as it contains lots of links to projects hosted there & the link to that list’s been shared quite a lot already…

1 Like

Here’s another of these projects whose code hasn’t been published yet…

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks Alex! Yes, if Richard doesn’t mind, I’m sure we’ll keep everything there!

2 Likes

I’m not aware of any startups that have a live integration with Monzo, probably due to the fact that the initial release of Monzo’s public API isn’t finished yet, but here are a few waiting to integrate:

2 Likes

Sure, but there are prototype versions of some of these integrations already – I want to list them all! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where did we land on this? Are we creating a fork of Richard’s list to add stuff to?

1 Like

@rdingwall is the Awesome Monzo list still being updated?

1 Like

It looks like it. The last PR was merged a month ago, and there was a direct commit 19 days ago.

I’d say just go ahead and create a PR with your changes.

2 Likes

Yes! Sorry I’ve been a bit quiet lately, I’ve been focusing all my effort on building our new MasterCard processor for our current account debit cards when we launch next year! :credit_card:

Please send me any links to cool projects and I’ll add them to the awesome-monzo list! As long as they’re usable in some form (e.g. tutorials, code, live app etc) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve made a google sheets Monzo API interface. You can find it on Github.

The readme file explains how to get it up and running, but I have assumed a familiarity with google sheets.

It should contain some spending breakdown stuff based on the custom categories it allows in the next few weeks.

6 Likes

Thanks Andy! I appreciate you listing the instructions for the users who’ll be using Google Sheets with script for the first time :wink:

1 Like

Awesome @Andy1! Have added it to the list and made a note to go learn how to write Google Sheets plugins! :wrench:

Just wanted to share my latest pet projects: Monz, the awesome Monzo command line interface and pymonzo - the Python Monzo API wrapper behind it (as no current Python Monzo API wrapper dealt with authentication correctly).

@rdingwall I would love them to be in the Awsome Monzo list - shoud I create a pull request?

Richard is still updating the list so - since you’re free & Richard may be busy right now - I’d go ahead and submit it, when he’s had questions he’s asked them in GitHub before.

Don’t let the “curated” in

A curated list of awesome Monzo related things

put you off :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Andy! I tried the github and got some errors. Is it still functioning/possible to use it?

I tried it too, and my browser keeps showing ‘auth.getmondo.co.uk’ cannot be reached. Any help will be appreciated!

Replace getmondo.co.uk with monzo.com