Monzo £71 Million Investment (November 2017)

It would be good to see some notes on proposed use of new capital, also a bit more on burn rates etc.

Tristan just confirmed in the dev slack that this is mainly for the Christmas party.

7 Likes

Or course, he actually had a real answer for us because he’s Tristan.

1 Like

More than happy to answer other questions :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Tristan - is that £1.5m for crowdfunders going to be pre-emption to maintain their precise % ownership, or a lottery, or other? At £2.35 a share that £1.5m only equals 638k shares. Crowdfunders already hold 4.5m shares if my fag packet is correct? Therefore if everyone opted in they could only get 14% equity back, not 30-something% that is getting lost to dilution. Will you let us know the plan for this, or should we wait for email later?
Figures to the best of my knowledge but possibly wrong.
Thanks a lot

Hey! So the exact allocations should come through in your email from Crowdcube, who are doing all the maths there — but we’ve tried to explain the details here: An Explainer of Pre-emption Rights for Crowdfunding :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are you able to expand on this?

For those of you who weren’t able to invest in previous crowdfunding rounds, we’ve already begun work on a new crowdfunding campaign for 2018! We’re aiming to ensure that everyone who wants to invest will be able to, and we have a few tricks up our sleeves to make that happen. More news on that next year :wink:

PS; I’m assuming not but thought I’d ask.

2 Likes

@tristan are there planned to be any opportunities in the future for us to increase our holdings? I’d like to do so :stuck_out_tongue:

We’re very excited about it :slight_smile: And if you know anyone who wants to run it: Jobs at Monzo

Do you mean as an overall percentage or just in pure shares? If the latter, you can do that today :slight_smile:

As an overall percentage - or paraphrased - I didn’t invest very much before and I’m now in a different situation financially so I regret that decision :wink:

Depends what the salary is on who I could refer :slight_smile:

One thing that intrigued me was that Stripe (https://stripe.com/global) are an investor in this round. As they allow companies to easily setup a US bank account, does this mean they already have the prerequisite licences which would facilitate Monzo expanding across the pond? :wink:

9 Likes

Emails from Crowdcube inviting previous investors to invest in this round will be going out over the next hour or two :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’ll be keeping an eye on that!

Logged into Crowdcube and £300 has now been raised under the “My Portfolio” section…rising all the time!

I can see my initial investment, but no other figure? beginners guide pls?

I don’t suppose there’s any chance you can share the general approach taken for the allocation calculation?

I’ve just received the email from Crowdcube, and although I appreciate the fact investors have any allocation at all, I’m surprised at the (very low) maximum number number of shares I’m able to purchase given my investment to date.

(edit: not complaining - just interested! :slight_smile: )

https://www.crowdcube.com/portfolio-updates

I have a Monzo (96% “processing”, no idea why that doesn’t show in green as “invested” from the last round)
and then a Monzo (1% “raised” on the line below amongst my other non-Monzo crowdfunding investments shown on the left hand side of that page).

Same. It still seems to list Monzo as “creating share certificates” as well. No idea if that’s normal, I haven’t used Crowdcube before Monzo

1 Like