Monzo 3.0 - what next?

I noticed this, but found something a little confusing.

I created a scheduled pot transfer and would expect that once that is finished and closed, that the back button would take me back home, rather than back into steps of the scheduled transfer if that makes sense? I was confused about whether I had actually successfully set it up when I found my back in those screens.

3 Likes

We are working on this at the moment. It’s a bit trickier because we think Business accounts have a different enough use-case that we don’t necessarily want to show them in the same horizontal list as your personal stuff. Thanks for bearing with us!

4 Likes

Honestly, I’m just shocked that we don’t have Dark Mode support on iOS yet…

2 Likes

I get what you’re saying but having them in the horizontal list would be pretty useful, switching between accounts is one of the biggest hassles with Monzo currently

1 Like

Shocked? Why? It’s a banking app, how is Dark Mode any sort of priority?

1 Like
  1. Monzo credit card.
  2. See other credit cards (not the current 10).
  3. Salary Sorter across accounts (not just across pots of the salaried account).

PS - If they do (1), and it’s good, I won’t need (2) :wink:

1 Like

If i could throw in my 2 pence worth into the conversation.

I’d say people’s disappointment in a lack of Dark mode yet is because to a lot of people Monzo is convenient, easy, new/modern, techy etc… Something that can’t be said about legacy banks.

Because of this, it’s not just a “Banking app” to many of it’s users. for me personally, I open Monzo about 10-15x more often then my old bank.

Dark Mode is something that has been vastly adopted by many(including me) with the majority of apps supporting it now, if you’re using dark mode, being forced to revert back to a glaring white screen can be jarring. There are other pro’s to dark mode as well, for example it’s proven to use less battery.

Although Monzo is just a ‘banking app’, it’s target demographic and the connotations that surround it as a company, you’d expect them to be on “trend”.

I also suspect that implementing Dark Mode wouldn’t mean taking anybody away from any “important features” at all, especially not for any extensive length of time. In fact the mockup they have already shown for their ideas for Dark Mode was executed brilliantly. What i would say and put money on is that the delay itself on implementing it is they are already actively working on UI changes to existing features which means that they’re probably developing Dark Mode with them in mind. Counter-productive to build for something that’s about to change.

7 Likes

Yup, all good points. Well worth more than 2p surely! :smiley:

2 Likes

Isn’t this just on phones with OLED screens?

Edit to say, I’m not in any way taking away from any of your other well made points.

Yes you are right i think.

Thanks for correcting it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed! What priority is rollout to business users?

Truly become my financial control centre.

Through Open Banking, with Monzo giving me a complete view of my other current accounts - as well as my credit cards, savings, investments and loans - such that I never need to look anywhere else.

This should include value-adding notifications whenever anything meaningful happens on those other accounts, or whenever I should shift funds around - which would be a service for which I’d be willing to pay.

2 Likes

You’re gonna love Tom’s speech at the Future of Monzo:

5 Likes

@Peter_G, I very much look forward to watching it. I did search for it today! :+1:

The photo you shared is already quite promising.

1 Like

Here’s a link to it :slight_smile:
https://youtu.be/JJmg0o6Iv3E

1 Like

Online now! Beaten to it :joy:

Looking forward to your thoughts in that thread!

2 Likes

I’m on 3.7.0 (latest Android beta) and I don’t think it’s quite fixed yet.

If you’re on a tab rather than the home screen / feed, then back will take you out of the app - I keep assuming it’ll take me back to the home screen.

If you’re on a pot view (eg you’ve swiped to the left to bring in a pot) then I expect the back button to take me back to the main account screen rather than exit the app.

Finally, I suppose, I’d quite like to have a bit of friction before exiting. Some apps display a “press back again message to exit” message before quitting. That feels more natural to me.

(And apologies for going slightly off topic. If we get lots of replies on this I’ll sort us out a dedicated thread).

4 Likes

I’d just like to actually get the new layout…

1 Like

These emerging results are really interesting.

I would have guessed that budgeting would come in at number 1, but at the moment it’s in second place.

And although I voted for it, it’s disappointing to see performance/speed issues in third place – there’s clearly more work to be done there.

Payments tab top is interesting, too. From my limited exposure, at least, I think this has been much higher up the Community’s priority list than Monzo’s (based solely on not remembering much conversation from Monzo folk on that topic). I wonder what Monzo’s plans are there?

1 Like

I think this is a much more significant issue… really, the transaction reference should have nothing to do with Notes. I wonder why they decided to stick it in the notes field when they built it rather than adding a separate reference field :thinking:

2 Likes