Moneybox Integration with the CA

Moneybox did not ask me for any statements and I have DD with Monzo CA

Has there been any updates on this?

It’s reliant on Moneybox contacting Monzo to become an AISP. No idea if that’s happened. There’s nothing much to do from the Monzo end I think.

Moneybox has now completed the integration with Monzo!

5 Likes

It’s about time :smile::tada::tada:

1 Like

:eyes:

https://twitter.com/walderston/status/965739528865636353

3 Likes

1 Like

Without being a negative nelly, they haven’t yet integrated real time round ups? I’ve just signed up and it seems that it’s every Wednesday as per other banks.

Happy to finally have Moneybox integration but disappointed it’s taken this long, they said it was delayed until they could offer real time round ups. Not simple read only acess and a weekly direct debit.

Monzo’s API doesn’t enable this yet.

But if they see as much as demand as Moneybox suggest they will :point_up: maybe Monzo will give them early access to their more advanced, separate API when it’s ready :crystal_ball:

1 Like

I’d be happy with the realtime aspect just being the act of moving the change to a moneybox pot and then the pot was cleared every Wednesday.

3 Likes

Does this still only debit the change weekly or now per transaction with Monzo?

I’d be happy for it to go to a Monzo pot and just build up there :+1:t2:

Just opened a Moneybox account but am I missing something? It says it takes the round ups once a week. That completely misses the point of useing roundups so you don’t notice you are saving. I am certainly going to notice the lump going out every week.

3 Likes

You’re not missing anything :slight_smile:

Yes it is not that useful is it? Spend 80p and it costs you a pound which makes sense, lots of 20p’s at the end of the week and you suddenly get debited pounds!

Yes and difficult to budget. You will never know how big the bill is going to be.

1 Like

Wonder if it would round up a pot transfer :yum:

Apart from the obvious issue of lump sums coming out rather than loose change, the investment strategies seem really limited. If it comes down to choosing between low, medium and high risk funds or being able to freestyle a portfolio with freetrade- it will defo be the latter for me!

1 Like

For me I am interested not just in relative risk or industry but geopolitical location of the investment. If I can’t select funds on that basis I am not interested.

1 Like