Moneybox app integration

I have now managed to get authorised, but just get to the page where it states “Sit tight and wait for the round ups!” and nothing happens.

Thats it for now, currently it only looks at new transactions and rounds them up. So if you go out and use your card you’ll get another feed item and the roundup will be recorded and sent to moneybox once a day

If people are interested in the roundups from historic transactions this could be built in

2 Likes

Ahhh brilliant. Thanks for the answer :grin:

Just did a test purchase and can confirm it works, I will check MoneyBox tomorrow

2 Likes

In moneybox it will show in the ‘one-off deposits’ section and will only be to the nearest pound, rounded down, from the actual balance for that day. This is because the moneybox api to do this only allows whole pound top ups. Any pennies that are not rounded up will just stay in the balance so you could have £3.75, £3 would get sent to moneybox, £0.75 would be left to start the next days roundups. So a roundup of £0.30 would make the total £1.05 which is then enough to send to moneybox.

Hope that makes sense!

2 Likes

apparently Starling are the first ones to open up their API to selected members of the public in a unique hackathon - well done Starling - getting there eventually :slight_smile:

Sorry, I’m struggling to follow the thread but I’ve tried to authorize the monzo-roundup heroku app and I get the 400 that says

{"error":"access_denied","error_description":"Client does not have permission to authenticate for this user","message":"Client does not have permission to authenticate for this user"}

What can I do?

Here how to fix that…

1 Like

I need to add you as a collaborator

1 Like

That was quick! Just sent my user id over. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Please integrate moneybox!
Really would like that!

1 Like

I’ll just link to this rather than say it again.

3 Likes

I think moneybox integration needs to be high on the priority list

C’mon man. Did you even read the post just before yours?

2 Likes

Yeah they need to finish the Monzo API. What’s your problem?

I think the point here is that Monzo will be developing the API for all potential integrations, it won’t be prioritised specifically for a Moneybox integration - that’s just not how this works. And perhaps that’s not obvious to everyone to be fair.

Once the API is ready, Moneybox will be able to build their integration with the API.

Until then, I’m sure that the pace of the development of the API will be exactly the same (as fast as possible), no matter how many posts there are in this thread…

1 Like

I know I just wanted the get moneybox in the reply :slight_smile:

Personally i won’t touch Moneybox with a bargepole after them spamming this thread

To be fair to moneybox it’s people like me who like both companies that are spamming the thread. I am in no way affiliated with Moneybox

Please please integrate. Love both products and it’s a shame that the API is in the way of a beautiful integration!