Moneybox app integration

It’d be great to link up something like Nutmeg up, and you be able round-up into that, and chuck in extra cash at your will

4 Likes

Please add moneybox integration. Just started using it. Would love to use the roundup feature.

I think the way Monzo is setting up their API it would be on Moneybox to add Monzo rather than the other way round. That said, the current API isn’t the full release so…

2 Likes

As a very frequent Monzo user I strongly support the Moneybox <> Monzo integration plan.

Can’t wait to bring together two great resources to help maximise my saving potential. Keep up the good work you guys!

I’ve built an integration between Monzo and Moneybox that rounds up my transactions and then makes a daily deposit to my Moneybox account, giving me a feed item to let me know the round up after each transaction and also when the deposit has been made.

If anyone wants to use it let me know and I can get you going with it :smile:

5 Likes

That sounds awesome!

Have you published the code in Github by any chance?

I’m guessing the funds are being withdrawn from your legacy bank’s account, since the API doesn’t enable payments yet?

3 Likes

I would like to add my vote for the moneybox-monzo integration… I know this is in the pipeline but wanted to add any additional pressure required!

I will be publishing to GitHub!

Yeh the funds are withdrawn from a legacy account, which is fine with me as my moneybox round ups come from there anyway :smile:

4 Likes

I too would love to have MoneyBox integration

Please keep us updated Adam, all sounds amazing :grin:

1 Like

Yes I’d love that! Saves me writing anything :wink: I take it you have it running somewhere then? Google appengine or something?

Would love this integration to happen! Seems like this thread has been going for a while. Are there any updates from Monzo as to where this is fitting in on their feature priorities?

Not sure if this has been said by someone else.

But revolut joined with money farm for an initial opening of a money farm account which gave the user £50 free of investment at money farm. Just needed to deposit £500.

Fell for it hook line and sinker.

Moneybox have been spamming Monzo hard for a partnership for ages! (notice half the people in this thread haven’t posted before or since recommending moneybox). I don’t think it has worked. Nutmeg ftw!

3 Likes

I think that’s because the Monzo API isn’t ready for this yet and it would actually require Moneybox to do the integration rather than Monzo.

2 Likes

Its running here: https://monzo-roundup.herokuapp.com and it would be great if you can test it. Currently I’ve only tested it for myself and my only concern is the calls to moneybox are scoped per user (there is an appId needed in the request headers) which would make it less accessible for people to use!

3 Likes

FYI I’m having an issue submitting my email address on the authorisation page - I’ve just posted the question in #api.

Yeah I am getting the issue too

POST https://internal-api.monzo.com/oauth2/authorize 400 (Bad Request)

Daniel’s just let me know that I’d need to be added as a collaborator in order to resolve that…

If you guys let me know your user IDs (can be found at https://developers.monzo.com/), I can add you as collaborators

3 Likes