Money going into pots, is it safe

Haven’t noticed this asked, I did check first, anyway here’s my question, I put money in my account today and made 2 pots, 1 holiday pot and 1 Xmas pot, I put all the money into them 2 pots. So that means there is nothing on my account I can spend (unless I move some from a pot). What I would like to know is, if my card got stole or cloned, the theif could not buy anything using my card, as the money could not be taken from it due to being in the pots, and the person would have to have my phone and details to move the money. So my money is 100% safe? Or am I mistaken?

2 Likes

Not an official response by any means, but from my personal experience yes card payments will decline and DDs will bounce.

Offline card transactions (where the terminal can’t go online like airplanes and some vending machines apparently) will still go through (and TfL may go through as well) however Monzo will refund any fraudulent payments in any case so no need to worry!

1 Like

It’s been mentioned elsewhere but because the Pots are still in the same account they are still covered by all the same protections as the Current Account itself

2 Likes

Correct; if you don’t have any money in your non-pot balance, transactions will be decline. Of course, the money still receives FSCS protection :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can somebody get poor @crablab a :monzo: staff badge? :joy:

5 Likes

I’ve been reborn in a more official form now :slight_smile:

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.