Monese vs Monzo

(Tom Buckle) #63

Hi. Old thread but thought I’d just add to this. I work at a university and whilst enjoying a couple of after work Beers in the union bar, I saw a bunch of posters advertising Monese as a good option for students (a cursory look at their website suggests it’s probably not).
Not sure how much it’s worth for monzo, but I wonder if they should be making a greater effort to attract students?

(Bruce) #64

Monzo is so well placed to serve students… it’s scary (Halloween get it)

(Steve) #65

Anyone using Monese recently? I’m perpetually put off by their paywalls.

I have an account there, not really used it much except for storing a very small amount of euros.

£5 for a card is an annoying fee but understood, I really don’t understand their cards being prepaid though, seems a step backwards!

(Steve) #67

Can you run a virtual card?

Nope!

(Neil) #69

I use Monese as my Bill account. Each month I get paid I put the required amount into that account to cover all my DD’s and standing Orders and debit card subscriptions. What’s left in my main account I know Is mine for day to day living and spending. Then what I have left at the end of the month in my main account goes into a savings pot and I start all over again the next month. Find it a great way to save too.