Mondo is what Apple Pay should have been!

After a couple of weeks usage of the mondo beta I can safely say this is what Apple Pay should have been. The notification system is great and the categorisation is brilliant.

I am a big fan of trying new things so mondo was a no brainier when i first heard about it. I am the owner of an Apple Watch which I used to use for all my payments (when available) however since switching to mondo I use this all the time.

Thoroughly impressed with the level of support aswell and so far no failed transactions to report.

This type of integration and seamless reporting is what Apple should have brought to Apple Pay!

Great Job Mondo!

I look forward to what features are enabled in the near future!

2 Likes

I think you’ll see a lot more in Apple Pay over the coming iOS releases. Apple’s problem is that they’re trying to not compete with the offerings of their partner banks and stay mostly as a card replacement/point of payment service (in-store, in-app and seemly soon, for websites). No matter how rich the mini-statement gets, it’ll still be a mini-statement and you’ll still need an account with a bank.

Now, Mondo WITH Apple Pay. That will be something to look forward to. All the power of Mondo’s app and API with the convenience and payment security of Apple Pay. As more merchants deploy contactless terminals and high value (>£30) contactless is rolled out, the future is seeming pretty nice. Mobile first bank with mobile payments!

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t know… I think Apple Pay is exactly what Apple Pay should have been. The hands-off approach they take is the right one imo. It’s better to just provide a platform which supports banks doing cool stuff.