Mondo 1.5

Just having a play with Mondo 1.5 (TestFlight).

Really like the new search - it’s very intuitive and straight forward. It gets straight to the point, with location, times and vendors etc.

Export is also a great addition. I like the fact it’s a simple “Share” export, to email or other apps located on the phone.

5 Likes

My search seems to be off - Not sure if it was like it before the 1.5 update as I never used the search feature.

hmmm my Mondo app won’t open and just quits to my phone home screen - having downloaded 1.5 worked fine 10 minutes ago - have now reinstalled mondo test flight having got “reinstalling test flight could loose some data” message and seems to be working fine again now

Suggestion - when selecting the ‘Calendar’ (for time) icon in search, it automatically adds ‘this year’. If you’ve selected this by mistake, you have to do a second press to delete ‘this year’. Can you change it so that ‘this year’ only appears when you select it?

Observation - on location search - there are places listed such as ‘London’, ‘LONDON’, ‘Shoreditch’, ‘Greenwich’ etc. Selecting ‘London’ does not include ‘Shoreditch’ or ‘Greenwich’, and selecting ‘LONDON’ does not include ‘London’.

Like - the little summary at the bottom of the search which shows you how much and average amount for both outgoing and incoming money.

New search is sweet!
One little thing I noticed: would be good to be able to distinguish between credits and debits - currently the ‘amount’ filters show both transactions and top ups.

1 Like

I agree, the whole places list needs a big clean up, I’ve got random places like “MULSHAM LODG” in my list.

Credit to @zancler, @hugo and whoever actually implemented it though, the keyboard turning in to the pickers works much better than I expected it to having seen other applications fail horribly.

My main feedback for search in general is something I did comment about in the sneak peak thread, I’m trying to do a search like “Sainsbury’s Groceries” (What I really want to do is “Purchases at Sainsbury’s that are NOT Eating Out”) to find my average spend at Sainsbury’s outside of the Cafe. The issue is that search appears to be doing “Sainsbury’s AND anything tagged Groceries”. Not what I expected and not entirely helpful either.

My main feedback for search in general is something I did comment about in the sneak peak thread, I’m trying to do a search like “Sainsbury’s Groceries” (What I really want to do is “Purchases at Sainsbury’s that are NOT Eating Out”) to find my average spend at Sainsbury’s outside of the Cafe. The issue is that search appears to be doing “Sainsbury’s AND anything tagged Groceries”. Not what I expected and not entirely helpful either.

The thinking behind this is that it’s a lot more common to want to find, for example, ‘all transactions from Costa and anything tagged Groceries’ than combining them as in your case. This method also prevents queries which would in theory never return any results like ‘all transactions from Costa which are also Cash’. Understandably there are some exceptions as in your case and perhaps also in the case of trying to find payments of a certain category to somebody.

We had to balance these kind of complexities with ease-of-use when implementing search anew :mag: Hopefully these more complex use cases we can tackle in future :smiley:

Played around with search some more, not convinced on this line of thinking. Check these two screenshots showing different behaviour trying to find TfL charges in the transport category. In addition, token generation seems too aggressive for names like TfL IMO, I was trying to type “Transport for London” in the search box and initially got “[Transport] [London] for”.

Edit: Oops, hit submit too early.

Weird that general release is now 1.5.1 but TestFlight still on 1.5?

Yes, we thought about adding a special case for TfL but it didn’t happen. I wonder if adding a small delay would be enough to fix this for every case. So if you’re typing “Transport for London” we don’t break “Transport” until you wait 1 second or something like that. We can definitely tune it. Thanks!!

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Exporting