Monday Motivation

After a weekend in Stratford-upon-Avon drinking £3.50 pints, I’m very tired today and drinking ALL the coffee.

1 Like

My brother lives there. It’s an incredible place to eat and drink

It is. 2nd time there in 6 months — this time with my future in-laws. Had a lot of good food and drinks.

I’ve got to ask… why?

Slightly different turn from the Nachos above. With a 40 year working lifespan (assuming this is work related…) and ~45 Monday’s a year (1,800 in total), that’s almost 5 years of disliked life. :frowning:

Not trying to flog the standard motivational BS, but is there not something that could bring those numbers down?

1 Like

Because the work on a Monday is alway a grrr, Change request to implement, weekend backlog of issues, just blah… whereas a Friday, no cr’s, not many issues being sent in and 2 days out of office ahead! :smiley:

1 Like

Great song. Luckily I’m in a room of people who love a sing-a-long too :musical_note:

1 Like

Mind if I ask what you’re working on, and what language(s) you work in?

1 Like

Change careers and start working hospitality. Monday will be your favourite day of the week :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I like Mondays actually :joy: suspect that will change when I have a 5-day work week! But if I’m feeling really down or stressed out I usually nap, have something nice to eat or buy a couple of really cheap things for under a pound on Aliexpress. They take 2-3 weeks to arrive so I get a tiny gift at least once a week and it’s a surprise to myself, from myself. Getting post is always such a nice feeling!

3 Likes

Caffeine always helps, and also pacing. I find that if you scramble to try and do a lot on Monday, you’ll burn out quickly. Take a deep breath and get stuck in, but try not to be swayed be pressures.

5 Likes

You do worry me Eve, it’s not right to like Mondays …

Good tips ! Easier said than done !!

1 Like

I would also say I’m not fond of Fridays… Most of my lectures the past few years tend to be oddly heavy on Fridays for some reason! Had 9am-6pm lectures one year. I also hate knowing the week is at an end! Plus you don’t get good lunch/ dinner deals on weekends- what even is the point then :wink:

Summary

Tbh at this point I’m just trying to mildly horrify and annoy you

2 Likes

No to rub it in the faces of you all that have to work this week but I’m spending this Monday - Friday exploring Loch Lomond and the surrounding area. I may have had last week off work as well. :speak_no_evil:

Here’s a couple of pictures from today’s adventures. 31/7
imageimage

5 Likes

Exciting! When will you find out?

2 Likes

I had a nap before work :grinning:

If we could have a nap hour around 2PM where I work that would be amazing!

They have coffee?

They have an app?

Life changing information :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, you get greggs cups (like starbucks stars) and get freebies.

You often get more than you’d expect in terms of random “bleeps” with notifications of random freebies too!

Sounds dangerous for my healthy eating kick.

Which starts… soon.

2 Likes