Mobile networks

Poor Birmingham’s lost its 4G on EE!

1 Like

Should be back now!

1 Like

I use an esim for my personal number on Vodafone it was very easy to set up and has worked without issue.

1 Like

That’s great, one last question about this. How easy is it to switch back to a physical sim from esim.

Surely same process, or just pop into a Vodafone shop for replacement there and then.

It’s simple you just a blank sim and enter the serial number,

However, I believe but haven’t tested this, you can use your original physical sim, so keep it somewhere.

This on my number that’s already on esim

1 Like

I’d be very surprised if you could reactivate an old sim
:sweat_smile:

As @Carlo1460 said once you switch to another sim/eSim you can’t use the old one again.

Even with an eSim, once it has been used it ‘locked’ to that phone and can only be used 3 times on that phone (for cases where you have to factory reset etc).

Makes sense, but for some reason I had in my head you could :man_shrugging:

Vodafone do let you activate old SIMs again. You can also get a free Voxi SIM and use that. I tend to ensure I have one handy just in case I ever need to swap back.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s good to know,
Would you know if that includes swapping the esim to the PAYG ones you get from the shops which already has a phone number printed on the plastic, or just the blank ones that come when ordering online ?

It might depend network to network. My grandmother is PAYG and they accidentally disabled her sim and said they can’t reactivate it so she lost her number. They sent a £20 good will check tho. This was with virgin so might of just been because they’re moving it all over to o2 aswell

Sorry I edited my post to make it clearer, I was talking about swapping a contract esim back to a physical one, if you could just use a PAYG sim from a shop.

£20 for losing my number, no thanks! That’s insulting.

1 Like

Yeah it’s hassle, especially for a elderly person who hardly knows how to work a phone in the first place never mind remembering a new number

I’m no expert but I imagine it is possible as you could do a number transfer. So the physics sim will become the number the esim was then the esim just gets disabled.

1 Like

Sounds like a right hassle when things go wrong especially in this day and age where 2FA and MFA are ubiquitous in many places.

1 Like

Casually sat at mates place, mast in view out front window.

Three network.

5 Likes

Wow that’s shocking fast. I just did a test and got 6mbps with o2 :melting_face: Theirs also a mast literally across road from my house on top of a building

1 Like

On O2, but not too close to a mast

I’m on Orange EE.

Not overly close to a mast, and in a sort-of rural area.

1 Like

4G on EE. No masts in sight - sat in the middle of my house.