Metal Card Bottle Opener

Settle an internal debate I’m having. Would a metal Monzo card with an inbuilt hole (serving as bottle opener) be tacky or cool (or both!)?

I’d like it but it probably does lean towards tacky :crazy_face: … Wouldn’t necessarily need to be for opening :beer: of course!

Very tacky

11 Likes

It would be an excellent tool for opening up phones though.

1 Like

The amount of time I’ve used my Monzo card as a ruler, I would be happy with cm ruler marks added to the side :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

the-homer-inline2

5 Likes

why would you want to measure 85.60 mm or 53.98 mm :slight_smile: , just a minute I will check , yes thats 85.6mm

2 Likes

This… in hot coral. I’m with you…

4 Likes

It would make me not pay for Plus.

1 Like

More useful than a metal card without a hole.

I’m in the metal bank cards are a pointless fad camp!

3 Likes

Dear god no.

3 Likes

It would be incredibly tacky - and would probably break after a few uses unless Monzo pay more for stronger metal cards. Either way, I hope they don’t pass any of the cost of designing or making these on to normal users as it’s a complete waste IMO

1 Like

It’s really not a useful thing when you think about it. How many times in the last year have you been in a position where you needed a bottle opener and didn’t have one available? As an example, I have a belt buckle that’s also a bottle opener - I‘ve worn it most days for years. I think I may have used it to open a bottle twice.

Not to mention almost definitely would increase the cost per card and reduce their durability (leading to more increased costs as cards need to be replaced more frequently).

2 Likes

The only way I’d be on board with this is if it would completely stop people from opening bottles with their teeth.

It gives me the actual fear :x:

6 Likes

This would be brilliant!

1 Like

I’m guilty of doing that alot as a young person.

I now keep a bottle opener on my keys or just buy beer in cans like a normal person.

1 Like

I’m waiting for a biotropic designed card :thinking: :wink:

1 Like

This is all well and good for the beer drinkers. I don’t see a notch on there for us wine/drinkers who are offended by screw-top bottles :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I’d also be keen to see some sort of spork type device integrated into the card, if possible.

2 Likes

Is that Rack and Pinion steering?

1 Like

Don’t people lose teeth doing that?

1 Like