Merchant Names and Logos - Updating has become hard work

Ok. I’ll put a request through to have it put back to GoCardless…

1 Like

So credit where credit is due, #HeroHugo must be on it because I just submitted a merchant update and it happened almost instantly.

7 Likes

Sorry for my ignorance but it’s this the same thing as when Sainsbury’s petrol station comes up as groceries and vice versa. I got back so sick of correcting my catagorys I went to starling :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Hi @Chinfuk see below post from Monzo around this. I’d recommend popping on to the thread as well to highlight your desire to see this fixed

I still think we should have a ‘Merchant Updates’ thread here on the Monzo Community exclusively for members, like they do on the Starling Community. Even more so now that we’re all aware we aren’t going to see any improvements to the in-app process any time soon.

https://community.starlingbank.com/t/update-vendors/

3 Likes

Great for the forum users but doesn’t solve the overall problem for those not in the forum

2 Likes

Fully aware of that :upside_down_face: But at least it gives those complaining on the forum another route with some sort of feedback.

I’ve made a list to pester cops about later, as they weren’t approved last time :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I feel your pain! I’m at the point of giving up now :man_facepalming:t2: Not worth investing the time and energy. It’s annoying as a clean feed is a fundamental part of Monzo :wink:

4 Likes

Am I right in thinking you can send Facebook or Instagram accounts in place of twitter account? Barely any of my requests get added :pensive:

Yeah that’s correct

1 Like

Facebook etc have consistently been reported as “broken” for merchant updates for the last few months I think.

3 Likes

Interesting didn’t know that! Guess that’s why mine never get actioned!

1 Like

Thanks

Yeah I’ve tried sending just arbitrary images before where a Twitter or Facebook logo didn’t exist and not had much luck, then again I’ve also had Twitter account updates not go through, so who knows!

1 Like

You have to submit manually submit non social media logos through the in-app chat and usually explain where you got them from (I’ve never seen them change otherwise).

Essentially, the reason you can submit other “stuff” in the Twitter field and it getting added is a bug. It requires the COp to go and find the logo and then paste it into another field.

When a Twitter username is submitted, we automatically cache that logo. When a image URL is pasted directly in by a COp this isn’t cached and I’m sure you can understand all the trouble that can cause with SSL and when the URL becomes dead…

In a few weeks we’re going to stop people manually adding image URLs that aren’t cached (ie. through Twitter) and I know this is not what you’d like to hear. I’m pushing for engineering time to fix this so we can cache logos from other sources :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ahh OK, I might go back and do that then!

So Twitter accounts entered in the field (e.g. entering “@Monzo” in the field) should update automatically without a COp? Or am i misunderstanding

Nope, they won’t update without manual review but they will autofill a field and cache the logo

6 Likes