Merchant logos only Twitter? Local too?

Confusingly they have B&M Bargains Store and B&M Home Store (based on the size of the store). However their Twitter and website say B&M Stores so I think all transactions should say B&M Stores with their Twitter logo used.

https://twitter.com/bmstores

https://www.bmstores.co.uk/

Jeez, I know far too much about B&M! :shopping_cart:

1 Like

I just got B&M this morning, why not keep it at that? No one says the stores bit

1 Like

+1 for just keeping it as B&M. Although if going down this route all the Tesco stores need renamed from Extra etc to just Tesco

Following on from B&M inconsistency I just noticed that the manned checkouts in my Tesco come up as Tesco extra but self scan is just Tesco. This irritates me!

imageimage

The B&M one appears to be because some terminals send BM Retail in the transaction ID. These show in app as B&M. Others send B&M Retail and show in app as B&M Home Stores.
My local B&M changed from one to the other last year, so Iā€™ve got a mixture on my feed.

1 Like

Do you need email addresses too or just the merchant name and link to their social media page?!

Iā€™m sure there is a report that could be run that would list the merchants without pictures and rank them in popularity, then perhaps we could go and suggest fixes for them!!

I think she wants your email (the one you use for Monzo) so she can view your transactions and therefore quickly find the problematic merchant data.

3 Likes

This is correct :point_up: It helps me locate it pretty fast.

2 Likes

Any word on this? Getting more and more frustrated with updates not being completed and then being pied off by COps saying ā€˜thereā€™s a backlogā€™ ā€” rather than actually completing them, as they did previously :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Iā€™d be lying if I said I asked in Slack. I spoke to @BethS separately and was being raised internally with @cookywook. Not heard anything back from that discussion yet though.

3 Likes

Weā€™d rather look into improving the feedback on the app for this :slight_smile:ļø

3 Likes

I meant as more an interim whilst weā€™re stuck where we are now. Of course, in-app feedback is the dream, but I have a feeling thatā€™s a million years away (in terms of priority). I have to say, having my feed looking spot on is a fundamental part of my Monzo experience ā€” hasnā€™t been great recently.

6 Likes

Itā€™s funny how the Amazon logo in the app changes every few days. It was a black and yellow one earlier, now itā€™s the blue and white one again.

1 Like

Itā€™s very annoying! There seems to be a few edit wars going on!

1 Like

I might have set that off! Kindle purchases have a new merchant name and were only showing a plain capital A at the weekend. But the only Twitter logo I could submit is the blue one.

2 Likes

I just wish the ones I submit actually get added. Still waiting on Benly Express which Iā€™ve submitted once in July and again the other day.

I also did the same @ntaylor3 Wiht Amazon lgoo on new kindle naming.

Iā€™ve submitted about 10 merchant details with address etc including twitter accounts over the last couple months but none have been updated :frowning:ļø

4 Likes

Iā€™ve submitted loads since Iā€™ve never a Monzo user. Itā€™s a lottery whether the person who deals with it on a given occasion can be bothered to change it. Iā€™m convinced there is a ā€œdelete allā€ Button.

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to have an easier way of doing this