Merchant Data Corrections

Has anyone had any luck submitting non-Twitter logos recently?

It’s sad to read the responses from @simonb as it’s confirmed what has been said on here - Monzo don’t see rich merchant data as important anymore even though this was a big selling point for the app.

Hopefully they’ll reconsider.

12 Likes

When I first joined the main features were the instant notifications and the merchant enrichment. Now I don’t get any notifications and can’t get a logo updated even through support chat, even for merchants that have been updated correctly before!

1 Like

Whats monzos view on this? Until now I’ve been of the mindset I dont want to waste COps time doing this but I might actually start because its starting to bug me more and more that they arent getting fixed

1 Like

We’ve always been told to contact support if we’re struggling to get something changed. To be clear, in my case support have always said they’ll sort it. Sometimes they do, but recently I’ve been struggling just to find someone that understands the problem.

2 Likes

I was against doing this for improvements of data, but …

I think if this is the only way to do it, it’s worth doing. It’ll flag up to Monzo in another way that the merchant data needs tackling as an issue. Similar to how other issues flag up to Monzo (look at locked pots) via cops.

Do it, and see what they say.

3 Likes

What happened to the actual statements getting beautified?

1 Like

This is hugely disappointing. I remember how excited I was when I submitted an update for a small cake shop in Italy last year, and it was updated the next day. Such a shame to see this has gone that downhill.

3 Likes

Well, Emma has just released live merchant data updating.

I’ve updated a couple, and it’s very nice.

I’ve submitted a few of these for the same merchant recently and each time it’s forgotten about with their next charge (although the one I update merchant information for has remained correct after being updated within a week). Hopefully Monzo will be able to fix something at their end to catch future payments, just not sure where to share the pattern concern. This is getting annoying as the recurring payment feature is essentially broken for this merchant.

The patern of the payment description is always in the same pattern e.g. “HEROKU *JUL-28776112 SAN-FRANCISCO CA” which maps to “(merchant name) *(month billed for)-(invoice number) SAN-FRANCISCO CA”. Annoyingly any other merchant that uses the pattern “(merchant name) *(other stuff)” works as expected.

@simonb Is there a way to change the name and logo for child benefit? Or can they do it in a way similar to pay day with a notification :tada: etc?!
Cheers.

1 Like

I asked before and was told no because the reference changes

Oh that’s naff. Why does it change?

I’d love an update on Monzo for merchant enrichement. Did I read somewhere that a new project manager was taking over this work and looking at how to fix its brokenness? Maybe I dreamt that!

1 Like

I’ve now spoken to 13 different COps (across two chat sessions) about a single merchant, and it still comes through wrong.

2 Likes

Interestingly, I seem to be getting corrections through quicker at the moment. I’ve seen some take 1-2 days when others have previously taken 2-3 weeks (or not updated at all).

1 Like

I’ve had multiple versions of Amazon in the same week

A submission has just been updated. I submitted a nicer name for the company as it was all capitals and numbers plus a logo from Twitter. The name has been updated but not the logo. Why?

Also, this is the same store, transactions about 3 hours apart. Just bonkers :man_facepalming:t2:

8 Likes

I get that quite commonly. Did you submit a Twitter handle? I get mixed results sending Facebook or Instagram links but generally Twitter works.

Yeh submitted Twitter. God only knows what’s going on :laughing:

1 Like