Merchant Data Corrections

My Direct Debit for car tax shows as DVLA. Is your Direct Debit for something else?

Also, on Android at least, I get the option to submit merchant feedback for a direct debit (once its come out).

They should be changable. I’ve changed a DD before? You have to ammend it in the transaction feed though.

This is for my monthly instalments of tax too - I’ve submitted the merchant feedback on it several times, and dropped it into a chat I was in for something else with COps but no dice :confused:

1 Like

I love Monzo trying to put a logo on this online tattoo shop. Try 2 and it’s still not correct.

I think everyone should just stop submitting logos to things till it just becomes a mess to the point Monzo will have to fix it.

I’ve just had a bunch of my submissions done. All logos now correct but the locations have changed and are now wrong.

1 Like

Could this info be crowdsourced and entrusted to the community, like Wikipedia, but within the app. Letting Monzos users make changes to the records.

If someone constantly makes malicious changes, ban them from doing it using a simple reporting system. It’s not like trolls can circumvent a ban and open another account.

It seems silly that cops time is taken up doing this when it feels like we’re the only ones who actually care about it day to day, we also have the manpower to make it work.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

With the number of novice coders and programmers combined with number of professional developers on this forum or the slack
You could easily crowdsource it and automate and develop it.
Plus it would be a cool side project for a lot of us. Just look at the uptake from the Receipt API release.

3 Likes

Sent a Facebook logo in for Art Bar in Dundee, and instead it’s been updated with the Twitter logo from a bar in Singapore :roll_eyes:

(Thanks whoever fixed this!)

2 Likes

I find that logo suggestions are implemented quickly but corrections to vague (map zoomed out) locations never are. Also merchant not stacking issues are not being addressed. I raise them in chat and feel like I’m being fobbed off.

1 Like

If you think the occasionally flip-flopping we get with edge cases at the moment when one COp interprets a submission differently from another COp is bad, you can only imagine how many magnitudes worse it will be if the information is crowdsourced and you have a hundred different people interpret edge cases in a hundred different ways.

The parts crowdsourcing will make easy, I think COps are already more or less on top of. The parts COps find tricky? Crowdsourcing will only make it worse.

Systems need accountability and accuracy or things will flip-flop back and forth or worse. Crowdsourcing isn’t, to me, the answer to that.

Ideally, there would be a team in Monzo of, say, the equivalent of five or ten @RachelR’s. Their main job may not be merchant data, but: (a) edge cases and disputed merchant edits will ultimately be referred to them, (b) they’ll be able to take the time to carefully research and figure out the right edits to make (or not make, as the case may be, and - most importantly - (c) they’ll be able to flag or ‘lock’ the merchant to some degree or other in order to prevent accidental roll-back or erroneous edits.

4 Likes

I agree that a wikipedia-esque crowdsource updating system would cause more problems than it would solve.

But what if something akin to the Google maps location update functionality was provided?

Anyone can suggest an update, but this update is then verified by asking other people in the area if the suggested change is accurate.

2 Likes

It seems as though the delays have crept back in again. Has anyone had anything updated recently?

I gave up trying :frowning: Merchants that have no data tend to get sorted pretty quick, but most of the corrections I’ve requested just haven’t happened at all.

4 Likes

I submitted some last night at around 1am and some have already been updated some haven’t.

What is the nature of the updates? Just logos or more than that? Thanks.

I’m waiting on logos. I’ve had some names corrected.

Just logos and website info I submitted. No location changes.

I would send them in again if you’ve had the name changed and not logo just in case.

I’ve been trying to get a logo changed since December… every time I spoke to COps I would be told it wasnt in the queue and asked to resubmit it, so I have done so again and again - it has now finally been done after numerous attempts.

That said, I suggested a name earlier and it was changed in 15 mins. And when I’ve used twitter for suggested logos it is normally within timescale… I don’t know if it is just me, but the issue seems to be with logos provided from anywhere but Twitter.

I would love to see Monzo have an image upload option and a server hosting uploaded images for where Twitter isn’t available for a merchant. Maybe Twitter, Facebook, Merchants Website logo image, other… and other gives the upload dialogue