Merchant Data Corrections

Who’s complaining about pictures of cats?

1 Like

Now’s the time to start making Twitter accounts with names similar to some merchants, use your cat for the profile photo, and submit a correction to Monzo.

I imagine that’ll have more success than genuine corrections.

4 Likes

Do I get a prize if my dog gets chosen? :joy:

1 Like

Only if it’s for Onl RSPCA

2 Likes

I’d have to make a transaction with them first :eyes:

1 Like

I once actually tried that ( with the correct logo for a merchant with no Twitter account) and Twitter immediately froze the account, I assume it looks like bot behaviour changing info in quick succession, so be aware before trying it.

They did have a way to recover the account so you should be fine but things could have changed.

Please no; it’s hard enough to get the logos right as it is :laughing:

1 Like

That’s just twitter being twitter. My account was created using the Sign In with Apple thing, not actually used the account for anything yet, so still have the default username they gave me, default picture, and it too was automatically frozen.

I thought the whole point of something like Sign In with Apple was to automatically verify that you’re a human thing.

1 Like

When’s the roll out of the connected accounts merchant data improver to other merchant data on the main Monzo accounts? :eyes:

2 Likes

Halifax credit card just went grey face:

Again?!

Cc @Dan5

I’ll try take a look this weekend, I’ve been off all week!

You have more holidays than Judith Charmers!

5 Likes

I don’t know if this is the appropriate place to post about this, but several logos went missing for me recently.

I can mention at least Giffgaff and Tossed. I may be tripping but I think that I’ve seen both logos appearing before. I’ve submitted metadata correction requests for both anyway.

Another funy thing is:

Sometimes logos only load for the main account, but not for linked accounts… At least until I click on one of the transactions with missing metadata.

E.g.:

• I had a Deliveroo transaction paid with a Monzo Virtual Card as well as a Deliveroo transaction paid with a NatWest Debit Card. The NatWest account is linked to my Monzo account.
  • When I first opened the App, the Deliveroo logo shows correctly for the Monzo Virtual Card transaction, but the logo doesn’t load for the Deliveroo transaction from my NatWest account.
  • If I click on the NatWest’s transaction the Deliveroo logo loads and from there on it’s cached locally / aways loads.

Unfortunately I didn’t take a screenshot of it, but I’ll try to capture the problem the next time that it happens.

1 Like

Hi Dan,
The Halifax Mortgage DD has also gone back to the blank face despite being previously fixed.
Thank you for looking

Halifax home insurance still ok at the moment

I’m not going to bother reporting this in app, but I am curious as to how something like British Airways becomes British Eggways?

Like, was this connected to a Twitter account that has now become an egg? Is it particularly difficult to check the Twitter account being linked is the company’s official account?

This seems like it’s limited to the account they use for UK261 refunds, others seem fine, but I don’t do my GBP spending on this account.

t

1 Like

Trainline has the right logo but a lowercase ‘t’ - I know it’s small but pretty annoying and only a recent change :pensive:

Eurgh, it seems Merchant data’s getting worse! :frowning_face:

1 Like

Yeh it’s getting much worse

1 Like