Merchant Data Corrections

I submitted some a while ago that just have wildly wrong names. What’s the best route (other than submitting them as that’s not fix them!), to get them resolved?

It should be fixed now, especially the e commerce part of it :pray:

Gotta head off now to get some work done but feel free to tag me if something isn’t correct and I’ll get round to it when I can :hot_coral_heart:

1 Like

Any chance you can add the logo for Wild deodorant? They do subscription service for deodorant refills.

1 Like

That name also needs updating.

1 Like

Hi Lewis thanks for that sorry to be a pain tho could you update the name to Milk & More and if possible get the logo to match the refund one as that looks better

Not a dig at you, but this is why there’s such a backlog with these.

A slightly different logo or swapping “And” to “&” shouldn’t be a request. You know who that merchant is, it has their name and it has their logo. Let the time be better spent.

1 Like

On the flip side if they don’t match it means they’re in different merchant groups and so the total spend, average spend etc at that merchant won’t be calculated correctly!

11 Likes

In this instance Dan, how is there two of them that are so similar?

Has someone set it up as “&” and one logo and then someone has “corrected” it to “and” with a different logo?

If it said “milkymore239”, would you then look up for the correct name and there’s multiple? So you pick your best guess?

What tends to happen is that the merchant has processed payments under different IDs, and so one person has submitted a correction as “Milk and More” with one logo, and somebody else as “Milk & More”.

Then the internal tooling doesn’t attempt to group them automatically (& it isn’t always obvious which group is the “correct” one) so sometimes the submissions are accepted, creating a new merchant group.

At one point I had to merge something like ten Apple groups (hence the posts about multiple logos, names etc)!

5 Likes

Used to be there?

1 Like

Hello @Lewis01, saviour of the merchant data :raised_hands:t4: I’ve dropped some corrections in, via the app, if you have time :pray:t4:

1 Like

Started something now :joy:

3 Likes

It’s probably worth setting expectations after this round of changes :grimacing:

7 Likes

I’d kinda given up on getting mine fixed. I mean, look how long ago this one broke?

I’m out and about right now, but thoughts on a wiki where we can name and shame point out the most egregious errors and share solutions?

5 Likes

Is this what you mean by weird logo? Looks like so thing should be there hence not picking up the category but it isn’t there!

A bit like in Star Wars episode 2 where there is gravity affecting stars but the data of the planet/ star had been deleted (bit of a niché reference!)

1 Like

Award for the best/worst merchant data metaphor of the decade goes to…

5 Likes

Yes, but only if Monzo engages with it. Otherwise we’re wasting more of our time.

1 Like

How have you guessed my gaydar profile name?

7 Likes

The problems of poor merchant data/lack of grouping: wasted COps time and Monzo’s :dollar::

(posting here to make the link between the two issues)