Merchant Data Corrections

Some have for me as well. Early 2019 and 2018 ones not yet though. It’s a start :smile:

1 Like

Once we’ve cleared the backlog I’ll let you know and then any which haven’t been updated will probably need resubmitting :pray:t3:

9 Likes

Any idea why logos look different on Android ‘vs’ iOS?

IMG_20201024_122029

The Curzon logo is also different :thinking:

I logged out of the app and logged in again which used to refresh the feed but it still looks different.

Scrolling back through my feed, I can see all the iTunes/Apple transactions have at least been fixed and just use the Apple logo now!

Thanks for doing your best to maintain this feature, Dan! The prettier and more consistent my feed is, the more I enjoy Monzo.

Edit: Amazon and Freetrade too! Nice.

Edit again: ah, you missed one!

I think for my regular retailers now, all Monzo are really missing are Uniqlo, AATU, co-op for online shopping, which is fair because that’s relatively new, and Rapanui.

2 Likes

Ahhhh I thought I’d got all the Apple ones - that must be in a rogue merchant group! Must try harder :joy:

I should add that I can’t take the credit for a lot of them - we’ve been having a bit of a blitz on the merchant feedback this week so hopefully you’ll see more flow through!

P.s I’m off now until Monday night but I’ll try sort the iTunes ones then :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Thanks to you and the rest of the team @Dan5 :smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, others have beaten me to it, but many thanks to @Dan5 and colleagues for a big push on this week.

Not there with all my suggestions, and maybe some I will have to resubmit as above, but some very old transactions now showing fine after two years of submission (like the particularly pernicious “552 Stories” in Leeds)

4 Likes

I have one random iTunes out of loads of Apple :rofl:

2 Likes

@Dan5 I’ve put the correction through in app a couple of times, and I think I’ve mentioned it a bit up the thread, but my salary payment (still, after 18 months) comes through as being from an entirely different company.

You would have thought that getting company name from a BACS payment would be quite reliable?

2 Likes

Hi Hugh!

You’d have thought so, but it’s possible that the payment is processed by a payroll company which processes multiple businesses using the same details :thinking:

Can you drop me a DM on here with the info and I’ll take a look tonight when I’m back in :blush:

3 Likes

oddly, the account number and sort code are correct, but the company name is not

But the account number and sort code might not be for your companies account. It could be for the company the manages your companies account on behalf of them (I. E. Not a bank but another financial intermediary)

Obviously you haven’t said the company name but common with a lot of SMEs

How does the merchant image for local fish & chip shop get set to someone’s selfie? :sweat_smile: they don’t have a Twitter account to suggest a new logo, what’s the best way to get that changed even if it goes blank :thinking:

15 Likes

This is my favourite one yet :joy:

13 Likes

She’s Harlee :rofl:

They have a logo on Instagram which might work: https://www.instagram.com/harleesfish

Yesterday my PayPal payment came out for Patreon - it’s been going for just under a year now and every month it showed as Patreon correctly, with their logo. This month, nothing has changed about the payment itself (same payment method, my card), the reference is exactly the same, but for some reason it’s showing as PayPal instead of Patreon.

Anyone else had this this month? Any ideas?

The one thing I did notice is that the address has changed - it’s PayPal’s address either way, but it’s written slightly differently this month. I don’t know if that’s linked or just a coincidence.

I have submitted as a suggested name change, though Patreon also didn’t come up as a merchant option when I searched (which I thought odd considering they’re still listed as the merchant for all the past months). Felt odd though because it’s not wrong exactly… it is a charge from PayPal - it’s just that normally Monzo is smart enough to add the actual merchant and for some reason that’s stopped.

If you scroll down to the very bottom of the transaction what’s the raw merchant detail?

I noticed from doing recent merchant enrichment that PayPal and eBay have changed how they process the payments in some cases and no longer include the reference to the merchant so it gets categorised as PayPal rather than the merchant name.

1 Like

As someone who mostly buys through PayPal, I’m not looking forward to my Monzo feed being infected by PayPal logos!

PayPal making that change doesn’t seem logical though, and might put me off using them, if it’s going to make it harder to identify my transactions!

Any way Monzo could work around it and mitigate it?

1 Like

The other option is that somebody has just mis categorised it which is an easy fix :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like