Merchant Data Corrections

I don’t think you understand.

1 Like

I understand both sides (I think :sweat_smile: )

He is saying that if the Merchant is Apple (for example) lock the changes so that www.apple.com is their website address as that will never change. Then use the favicon from the website to populate the image so it is always current.

The other side is that website address isn’t a field in the transaction data. So they would have to add a custom field in there to accept website addresses so people could submit those as part of data corrections.

2 Likes

Yea, exactly this

1 Like

But when people are being picky over different branding for a fuel station vs the shop, what hope is there?

The Morrisons fav icon appears to be a hybrid icon anyway!

1 Like

I don’t think this matters. The inconsistent meta data can interfere with other features like the ability for summary to recognise recurring payments, as has been happening to me with my Apple Arcade and Disney+ subscriptions. Complaining about it not working as advertised isn’t being picky. It’s a valid complaint.

All brands like that will have a main company page though, take co-op for example. Forget that they all have branches and different logos etc. co-op is co-op end of so use www.coop.co.uk and be done with it.

You’ve just picked a terrible example as they have lots of variations.

But where does that url come from? It isn’t attached to the transactions like you think it is, it’s different to email. So do we have to do it? Where are Monzo going to magic it from?

“But I ordered from disney.com and they’ve changed their fav icon because it’s Christmas, wwwwwwaaaahhhhhhhh”

How have I picked a terrible example? It has been brought up here loads of times. As mentioned above WE US YOU add the URL in a field when we submit to change logos, Monzo then check and lock it.

Logod change on Twitter so it would be the same thing with Favicons

That would be great, as it would get themed Christmassy (plus all the other holidays and such) and then revert back to the normal one after without Monzo having to do anything :raised_hands:

1 Like

So where does it come to start with? And why does the URL supersede it?

How does a logo get there now? It comes from Twitter.

URL would supersede it as on Twitter there could be franchises that may not be active anymore and someone uses that as it is local to them, a URL would always be correct and maintaind from a brand perspective.

So every icon in your transaction view comes from Twitter? And what if the company doesn’t have twitter?

The Morrisons twitter icon is different to both logos above btw.

How should I know where they come from?

What options do you have when you request change? Twitter so if that is the only option we currenty have now one would guess that that is where they come from no?

If a company does not have Twitter then use thier website of facebook or however it is done now.

You seem to be missing the point that @Ordog appeared to understand so maybe it is you that is not getting it.

Okay, you definitely don’t understand how it works.

Maybe someone else can explain it to you better than me.

You are not explaining anything and if you think you know then go ahead and explain, enlighten us all instead of leaving it to someone else.

1 Like

When you pay someone, Monzo doesn’t go “Oh look, whatsgoingon has paid Amazon, lets go and look at twitter to find the icon they are using and attach that to the payment”

Which is the bizarre logic you have come up with.

I already knew that though, when it comes through it is blank and as I have said before WE add logos etc.

So why did you say this? And your bizarre logic about URLs?

Because you said

So every icon in your transaction view comes from Twitter?

Someone mentioned URL’s as a way that Microsoft get thieir info from that is why I said Monzo shouyld look at that as well for large brands.

:exploding_head:

Microsoft get them from fav icons because it comes from your email which is very easy to connect to a website.

So what happens if the person above reports that the Morrisons icon is wrong so they change it to the URL and fav icon, I then report that as wrong (because it’s then different again), does someone spend forever changing it back and forth?

1 Like