Merchant Data Corrections

Send again? Didn’t come through

1 Like

Any better?

Maybe?

It worked! Kinda. It’s pulled through a different image, rather than the main facebook profile image? It’s also scaled it weirdly (or not scaled it at all, so it’s cropping)

Couldn’t find a fb so used one from website.

Can you use this one?

Yep.
:speak_no_evil: send me in rmf and do it off shift quickly :hot_coral_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks Rachel! :smiley: :star2:

2 Likes

Got an odd one for you @RachelR :slight_smile:
Transactions at the largest chain of petrol stations in Ljubljana show as Bs Ljubljana I-v when the real name is just PETROL and the best logo I can find is: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Petrol_Group_logo.svg

Not sure how you want me to submit this in app, I can’t seem to specify the right name.

Give me till Monday and I will sort this out!

1 Like

Looks like Go Fund Me is still not being enriched properly :slightly_frowning_face:

Screenshot_20181209-140018

I also noticed that Hulu has a similar problem… The number in the merchant ID changes every time they charge.

Screenshot_20181209-140033

I’ve had to submit Hulu for correction every month. :pensive: I think they’ve changed their merchant name subtly

Screenshot_20181209-140923
Screenshot_20181209-140733

The part the -U HULU.COM now has no U…

1 Like

@jamieps

Currently merchant updates are being done manually by the genius Monzonaut that is @RachelR each time they are submitted.

There are currently no facilities to support merchants that change their merchant ID (I believe) however I have seen that @kieranmch is working on an updated merchant system.

https://community.monzo.com/t/improving-internal-merchant-tooling/52134

Hopefully we will see some progress made in this area soon, but for now just keep firing your updates via the :monzo: app and the team will get it updated within a few days (usually quicker!)

2 Likes

I have escalated this and will get back to you when I am at work on Monday.
Thanks,

@jamieps

1 Like

Issue: UberEats Icon and Category Issue

Details to reproduce: Order from UberEats
Device: iPhone
App Version: 2.26.0 #489

**Description: As you can see from the screen shots below for what ever reason ordering on UberEats has gone from the correct Logo, Name and Category to a new Name Eats-khss6 and was originally in the Transport category but I moved it to the correct one.

Screenshots:

If you report this in this category:

@RachelR will take care of it for you when she returns on Monday. She’s our hero who sorts out all these merchant data corrections :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Same here, seems Uber has messed with things again

1 Like

As well as Ordog’s suggestion, you should report these in app. If you tap the transaction, and scroll to the bottom, there should be an “Improve Name or Logo” option there.

Hello :wave: @Ordog and @Nsteer

I have already reported it in the app :smile: but seeing that the Forum has a Bug Reports category and because in the app you cannot upload photos :man_shrugging: I said I should also send it here and add more information

2 Likes

Hello :wave: @Ordog

Thank you for telling me where I should I reported this. I am still relatively new to the forum so I was unaware of where I should post it. I will make sure in the future I post it in the relevant location.

Can any community admin move this topic to the correct location and close this thread?

Thank you :wink:

2 Likes

Fair enough :blush:

Just a note that the in app system for these got updated recently, you’re correct that we still can’t upload an image, and the page only asks for a twitter handle. But you can put the company website, or a link to their facebook page in there and @RachelR or one of the peeps that helps her will get the logo from whichever source you provide.

2 Likes