Manage your money together with joint accounts!

As @Rat_au_van says I don’t think we’ll see joint pots before interest bearing ones. That’s not really how Monzo do things and they’ve said that the entire pots platform needs rebuilt

1 Like

:-1:

Echoing what the others have said, I really don’t see pots with interest being delayed until the pots infrastructure can be rebuilt to support joint accounts. Tying the two artificially together like that would quite likely create more issues than it solves.

I was pretty impressed by the speed joint accounts were released but then joint pots has been a real disappointment. I’m having to transfer back and forward between my Barclays account because I have saving accounts I use as pots with them. I don’t use the pots on my personal account because my wife needs visibility and access to the money

6 Likes

This is exactly the issue I have. I’m trying to move away from our Lloyds joint account so that my wife can access our savings/pots/whatever you want to call it.

1 Like

Just giving a quick update here. We appreciate that lots of users would love to be able to use pots with their Joint Accounts…myself included! :wink: This is certainly a feature that will amplify the use of Joint Accounts for most people and make them a lot more useful for their intended day to day usage. You’ll be happy to hear that we are now working on pots for Joint Accounts as we speak! :tada: :muscle: I’ll keep you posted.

37 Likes

Got a ballpark eta? The Trello board has them as long-term goals.

1 Like

It’s too early to commit to an ETA as we are currently investigating exactly what work is involved; we will know more soon. However I can certainly tell you it’s not a long-term goal anymore! This is one of the current goals of my squad. :raised_hands: I’ll make sure the Trello board is updated.

17 Likes

I think it has been mentioned before that they don’t really update Trello anymore so I wouldn’t rely on that. They use the forums and @makingmonzo on twitter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah ok. Would be good of them to put something to that effect on Trello, in that case (hint, hint, Monzo…)

2 Likes

I’ve found the post for you mate:

You’re right though, perhaps they should put a notice on Trello :thinking:

3 Likes

Thanks mate! :+1:

Thank you for updating us, eagerly awaiting the update.

Do you think it would be rolled out into Labs first?

Thanks for the question! I highly doubt we will be releasing Joint Account Pots into Labs first. Labs is what we currently use to experiment with new features and also to ensure they work before releasing them to a wider audience (and it’s not a certainty that Labs features will always be fully released). Pots currently exist on Current Accounts (to which customers express lots of positive feedback) and we simply wish to echo this feature on Joint Accounts, especially because it has been so requested by the community. I don’t believe that we would learn a lot from releasing this as a feature in Labs and it would also delay releasing it to all the other users who aren’t on Labs. Looking forward to seeing Joint Account Pots in peoples’ hands as soon as possible! :smile: :tada:

22 Likes

are we likely to get interest bearing pots on joint accounts ? or is that out of scope for your squad at the moment

Thanks @edwoollard, sorry to be a pain and chase but do you have a better idea for timelines for this yet? It’s the feature missing that preventing us going all in with Monzo. :+1:

1 Like

Same here, would love to see joint pots soon!

I’d love to see that, but I wonder if we’re any close to having account switching for joint accounts … would really love to know if this is getting any closer ? whats the latest on that, does anyone know ?

I’d love to go Full Monzo with my wife, but the lack of CASS from our existing joint account with another (spit!) bank makes this too much like hard work.

So, another vote for CASS with joint accounts please…

3 Likes

Just get them moved over manually :muscle: . It’s what we did and it was nowhere near as bad as we thought. 30 minutes tops. The majority you can change on your suppliers website and then there were just a few that needed calling. As soon as you ask for the billing department they panic and you go through straight away :rofl:

I did everything myself but if you both worked together you’d smash through it in no time.

Go on… You know you want to… :wink:

7 Likes