Manage your money together with joint accounts!

We received the new replacement JA cards this morning. Observed that the new replacement JA card for “Mrs Necessiter” is missing the INVESTOR tag in the top right corner (unlike its predecessor the original JA card that was issued whilst JA was in Labs). Ditto within Apple Pay (fairly sure it was there for the original card but can’t be sure).

1 Like

Yeah ours are the same too :confused:

I guess it’s the intended design - Not a defect (I hope…).

Never realised that it’s a totally different design to the CA one :open_mouth:

20180817_115247

1 Like

Yep, I noticed that.

I think it may have been brought up before (possibly… maybe…)

Hi all, we’re aware of an issue that means a number of people who’ve signed up for a joint account this week will get the wrong card design.

We’re really sorry about this, and we’re fixing it at the moment. So going forward we’ll send the new card design when you open a joint account.

For people who get the old design, you’ll get a message in your feed explaining what’s happened - and instructions on how to get a replacement.

9 Likes

Thanks for the update :+1:t2: When should we expect the message in our feed to appear?

Would be good have Joint Account design card on Account screen… Its new card design on Google Pay and Apply Pay but not within Monzo App bit weird.

Screenshot_20180817-181558__01

5 Likes

My boyfriend and I signed up for a joint account and recently requested the new card. Both of us had problems with declined transactions after receiving the card and after a bit of thought, realised we probably needed to activate our cards. The only way we found out how to do this was searching in help.

I feel like there should be a clearer option in the app about activating a new card - maybe a button next to the Freeze card option? As a side note, is it mentioned in the card carrier that you need to activate the card?

1 Like

Hi Emily ,

I’ve moved your post here to keep all the feedback and improvements for joint accounts in one place. It definitely seems like it needs to be improved.

When they went into labs I asked a few times what would happen if I got a JA and closed it. Would I be able to open another one?
I don’t recall seeing an answer.

What’s the process for opening a JA with another person if you’ve closed one?

Im pretty sure there’s no issue as long as you’ve fully closed down the previous JA via chat

Well I can’t do it. So there is an issue.

I’m surprised this hasn’t been fixed it was raised right at the start of labs. Hopefully plans are afoot to improve it.

1 Like

So the prior JA has been fully closed but the JA opening process is now not working?

Yep. Just tells me it’s complete.

Hmm sounds like some things aren’t talking to each other. Hopefully in app chat will help!

You would hope so. But I was kind of hoping to get an answer on the forums that was visible to those searching. Otherwise it’s just me reporting back a chat with COps.

1 Like

Thanks. Worth calling out this applies to sole accounts as well though.

That is really important for me. When I spoke to support the other day they said it IFTTT would be coming. I would have expected it at launch to have feature parity with solo accounts. But other posts have explained that’s not how they are launching joint accounts

2 Likes