Making The Change to a Current Account

Yeah sure…

Apple Barclays Finance
Three (phone company)
Zebra Finance
Harlands
iTunes

Really tempted to make the change, just not sure whether it’s a risk?

I had my salary paid into the Monzo current account, today.

I panicked, because I was getting all these “server problems” notifications within the app, and by 10:20hrs this morning, I still hadn’t been paid…

But the error notifications were just an issue with the Android app - not the bank itself. And none of my colleagues had been paid either - our Payroll at work had screwed-up something! We all got paid at around 10:30hrs this morning.

I haven’t yet cancelled the existing Direct Debits and Standing Orders with my old bank (Virgin Money).

All my outgoings are scheduled to go out on the first of each month, although I always get paid on the last day of each month.

I just wired enough money to cover my scheduled payments, from the Monzo app to my old bank, as soon as I got paid.

I’ll start to change all my Direct Debits & Standing Orders tomorrow.

I didn’t want to do both processes all at once, in case my employer’s payroll messed-up.

I figured that I’d wait and see if my salary got paid in correctly, and if it did, I’d then wire funds to my old current account accordingly. If my employer had a problem with paying via BACS to Monzo, I assumed they’d just default to my old bank details and the Direct Debits & Standing Orders are still active there anyhow.

It’s all good. I’ve had no issues, except for one contactless terminal at Sainsbury’s. In the end, I just shoved the card into the reader and entered my pin. It was fine.

Android Pay with my phone works fine. It’s all worked perfectly. Can’t wait to swap over all my scheduled payments for next month, now. :smiley:

3 Likes

@SkeltonTom My iTunes and Three went across ok :+1: I moved my DD & SO across gradually and left my salary till last.

1 Like

I know that’s on the list and a few people have mentioned having issues, but I think someone has said if you call them they can update it, it just doesn’t work online at the moment.

I had to call Barclays to update, but it went through ok and the first payment came out last month.

I took out the iPhone upgrade programme on my iPhone X using my Monzo account and it went through fine.

1 Like

Might be handy if you can strike it out on the Wiki so other users know?

Interesting. Tempted to do it, just not sure :thinking:

Nice one, cheers mate