Making recurring payments on Monzo even better

Are there any plans to add more customisable scheduled payments and standing orders? I have to set quarterly standing orders for some bills. I assumed this would be a given/basic option.

2 Likes

I had a recurring weekly grocery item that came out each Thursday. Today my month reset to the start again and that weely item is now showing to debit on four Sundays. How has it changed from each Thursday to Sunday? Another bug?

1 Like

Would be great if we could mark incoming payments as recurring too eg child benefit, tax credits etc

5 Likes

I think it would be much more useful if based on your monthly cycle (e.g payday to payday) it removed it from your available cashed and automatically put it to one side! Then when the payment takes it takes it from what’s been reserved.

That way it saves messing about setting pots etc up

1 Like

I believe they’re working on this :+1:

Why doesn’t Monzo maintain a list of payees? Every other online bank with which I’m familiar has such a facility.

What do you mean? All my payees are listed by Monzo in the same way as First Direct do (my only other bank for comparison).

I know other banks do manage their lists a bit more, so what features are you actually looking for?

1 Like

I have a question, I have a couple of dd’s that go out monthly and Monzo send me a msg the day before advising how much money to make sure I have available which is great but what would be even better would be if on the day of the transaction I had a specific time to ensure the funds were in the account by, my legacy bank, as pants as they are for sooooo very many things sends a notification on the day of payment telling me funds need to be in the account by 2.30pm to ensure the payment gets made. Currently Monzo just tells me money needs to be in but if you don’t pay it in the day before it gets bounced and whilst I know it will be tried again later that day as the first payment often goes out a stupid o’clock in the morning since I have no clue what time ‘later’ is I’ve sometimes missed the payment window

1 Like

Not sure if it’s been implemented yet but they were bringing in a retry later in the day (3pm?) but it’s always been 1 attempt at about 2am

1 Like

Monzo will do the first attempt at 2am and then again at 2pm. You’ll get a notification to say that it has failed at 2am with the option to retry manually before 2pm where it will automatically try again. I’m not sure what happens after 2pm though.

Anyone know if you get the whole day to retry or if after 2pm it’s classed as bounced?

IMG_20180824_224717

2 Likes

It wasn’t wholly clear but I read it that once the second attempt failed, that was it.

Is it possible to make recurring payments override a frozen card? Some of my recurring payments are via visa and freezing the card stops them. I often freeze my card when I’m traveling in case it is stolen.

Not at the moment. Once it’s frozen all card authorisations are stopped

1 Like

What I’m looking for is an alphabetical list of all (not just recent) payees with bank and reference details. I have online accounts with RBS, Handelsbanken and Nationwide and all provide such a list. Does that make sense?

1 Like

OK, that’s clear. A number of others are looking for that too. I’ve never had it so it doesn’t feature in my thinking.

I think that the work on Payee Management that’s just kicking off now is supposed to provide this sort of functionality. I don’t know when they’re planning to deliver though.

This seems to work fine in that it captures the payment information however any notes I make to the similar merchant payments, for instance Apple Music subscription and Netflix say both via ITunes, to differentiate the payment only appears to be retained for that month. Are Monzo aware and is there a solution (do Monzo even seevthis as an issue?) in the offing?

Thanks.