Loot issues

Just got a message from loot saying they’re back up

Monzo updated too:

Yeah I wouldn’t fully migrate to any of them just yet for this reason.

I do like Monzo’s approach of building everything themselves for the CA though. Hopefully it’s more reliable (hasn’t been around long enough to know) but even if it’s not, it’s unlikely to fail at the same time as GPS/wirecard. So unless MasterCard’s network fails, a combination of Monzo+starling/Revolut/loot should be pretty reliable

3 Likes

NatWest and RBS famously fall over every once in a while. HSBC too.

1 Like

Monzo doing everything in house for the current account is very interesting.

Single point of failure etc.

They wouldn’t have a banking license with a single point of failure. The programming is what they are doing, the services are hosted on AWS within some sort of Avalbility group I would imagine with multiple distributed systems across them

1 Like

Are you guys able to top up Loot wth your Monzo debit card? From the Loot app i get an error message and had this from support

"The error links to a 3D Secure failure, our process is roughly along the lines of:

Enter card details
Loot 3D Secure + other security checks
Process with bank
Add money to Loot balance

I’m not 100% sure if Monzo have 3DS on their current accounts or whether they have got super strict rules on where the card can be used. This’ll also be why the card charge doesn’t show on your Monzo transaction list.

I agree it’s a bit of a shame it doesn’t work but hopefully it’ll work when they launch their accounts properly smiley

Jay Jay from Loot"

No Monzo don’t have MasterCard SecureCode yet

1 Like

Loot blocked my account over a week ago after I received a transfer in of around £3000. The first I knew was when my card got declined. I contacted support who asked for proof of where the money came from, which I sent them.

They have not replied to any of my messages in the last 3 days, my account is still frozen, there is no complaints email address I can find on their site. Having Googled it seems I am far from the only one this has happened to.

Can anyone advise what steps I can take in order to get this sorted?

Cheers

As much as I’d like to help you there isn’t much I can do… does Loot have a community forum? Maybe try asking there or reach out to them through social media?

1 Like

Phone number from loot.io 0800 433 7648

1 Like

Thanks. No one ever answers the phone and it just goes to voicemail, same with Facebook.

There is no community forum as far as I can see, and it’s becoming pretty obvious why!