Looking to sell shares

Ahh ok no problem, then I think you may have got confused with the question @michaelw90 asked which was:

Because in order to get permission you need to state who your buyer is and then it is voted on by people on the Monzo board. The process seems lengthy and will only get approved if you have ‘exceptional circumstances’ as the reason for sale. (don’t state the reason here on the forums though!)

1 Like

Happy to buy all six shares. WIll send you a Pm

I have a block of 70 shares I’m willing to sell. PM me for more

I’ve just had a message from Crowdcube saying that you can only sell the full allotment, not blocks of shares. I’ve got more than 70, so I guess I won’t be selling :neutral_face:

1 Like

Full allotment as in all shares across all rounds, or full allotment as in all the shares from a given round?

So if I bought 10 in round 1 and 5 in round 2, do I have to sell all 15 in one go or can I sell in two blocks of 10 and 5?

I specified that I had 3 blocks and wanted to sell 1 - and they came back to say that it wasn’t possible. So ‘full allotment’ appears to be all shares held.

2 Likes

From a post 18 above this that’s not the understanding of a Monzo staff member (@yen ) , logically each block of shares from each round is a separately purchased entity that should be able to be sold in a single transaction , but not split into a smaller holding, maybe refer crowd cube to this thread ? not doubting Yens advice but maybe @tom could clarify where Monzo stand on this as there seems to be conflicting advice between Monzo and Crowd cube ?

3 Likes

I’ve gone back to Crowdcube in an attempt to clarify this - so watch this space

1 Like

If anyone is genuinely looking to sell some shares drop me a message. Happy to add to mine.

Hi all! I’m looking to sell a block of 995 shares. Please PM me if you’re interested.

Did Crowdcube update you on this?

Crowdcube responded with “There is no partial transfer permitted for the same round, but if you have invested in three rounds then we can do a transfer for the one full holding”. Which I think means you can sell all shares from a single round.

1 Like

Well in that case… I’m looking to sell 995 shares.

If anyone is interested in buying, PM me and we can discuss.

Out of pure curiosity, if you’re willing to share, why do you want to sell them?

1 Like

Of course :smiley: I’ll DM you.

For others that might be curious… It isn’t anything to do with Monzo. My confidence with the company is at an all time high & I imagine the price of Monzo stock in the not so distant future to be at least a factor of 10 greater than it is today. :chart_with_upwards_trend:

2 Likes

Hi all! I am selling all my 259 shares. Please PM me if interested.

Interested.

I’m interested in buying 100-1000 shares.
Anyone looking to sell, please PM me.

I generally expect here that people may be happy to give their reasons to Crowdcube, Monzo, and a genuine prospective buyer, but may not wish to post on a public forum.

I’m not exactly sure on what counts towards the allowed circumstances, but scenarios I can think of (other than really positive ones like prospective house purchase) could be loan default, other credit complications, health issues, the need to help a family member, unexpected redundancy/unemployment, failing business venture, capital needed to springboard new business venture, car crash without fully comprehensive insurance, the list goes on life throws crazy things at us every day.

I can imagine a few situations where people may be comfortable sharing with individuals but not in public. Given we’ve heard sales require a special circumstance, I err on the side of not asking anybody, unless they suggest they are happy to discuss.

3 Likes

I have some shares available. If anyone is interesting in purchasing - please DM me.