Looking to sell shares

It would be unwise to sell Monzo shares at anything like the prices mentioned above. If anyone is having a moment of weakness please message me and I’ll give you a virtual talking to on why selling shares would be silly right now. If you are lucky enough to have shares just buckle up and enjoy the ride, there’s a reasonable chance that Monzo will IPO one day and your investment will pay off. In the meantime let’s hope that the next raise gives more Monzo users the opportunity to invest and share in the success of a product that we all* love.

(* okay, not all, in fact lots of people seem to come on here for a grumble. I meant most, okay some…)

10 Likes

@anon95680666 do you still have this block available for sale and whats your price?

I didn’t offer any for sale, sorry :slight_smile: - and I wouldn’t sell at this time either, in my personal opinion there is far more to go :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My bad i thought you were trying to sell some. And i complete agree it has a lot of steam left init, thats why im trying to get on board

1 Like

Let me know if you still have the shares, offering £3 per share

1 Like

I’m interested, but can’t seem to find a way to PM you?

Can you click on his name then “Message”? If not, you haven’t been granted full access due to lack of activity on your community account. Can solve this by Introducing yourself on the “introduce yourself” topic, add a few bits of feedback and you’ll be messaging to buy shares in no time :slightly_smiling_face: best of luck!

2 Likes

Are you still looking to sell?

I thought you were desperate to avoid dilution!

Hi all,

Is anyone here interested in selling their shares at a reasonable price, if so let me know by replying here or send me an email :slight_smile:

Yup - £50 each.

4 Likes

What’s the expected return per year?

Will P is slightly overvaluing his shares…

Last funding round a year ago they were worth £2.35 and this funding round they are likely to be valued from £6.70 to £10.

At £50 per share monzo would be valued at circa 7 billion.

There are no dividends currently and therefore no fixed expected returns however so far Monzo has delivered impressive year on year increases in its valuation

2 Likes

Thank you! Can you just elaborate, the newly announced crowdfunding (on their Instagram) we will be able to invest in Monzo shares at £10 per share?

1 Like

Good luck with that one :joy: But I guess theres always someone willing to pay over the odds for things!

Well in terms of capital growth, they grew about 460% in 2017. Using a calculation from another thread, the latest raise looks like a price around £9.35, which is another 397% for 2018. Unlike most crowd shares, there’s a good secondary market through this forum, so I’d say you’d get your £50 back comfortably within a few years. Alternatively, you can just use the new round to buy shares for a tenner, but then you wouldn’t need to ask :wink:

There will be further information from Monzo on the crowdfunding round soon so I am not going to speculate on the exact price.

It however will most likely be only open to current investors . You may be able to find an investor to purchase off for a small premium on the price that they pay. However please be cautious and contact crowd cube directly for clarification.

I call bs! It will most likely open to all - old & new.

2 Likes

Yes - I think there would be a rather large backlash if it wasnt open at least to all customers - or maybe those who are #fullmonzo

The last round wan’t.