Long support waiting times

Was thinking about starting a topic about this myself as it’s been several days of the banner bring off and on and was wondering the cause.

3 Likes

It also worries me when I am getting a quicker response from the bank I’ve just chosen to switch away from :zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Perhaps the app could be improved to show the current waiting times? That would help customers pick their moment to contact support, and maybe put them off minor issues (eg changing logos for merchants) when they can see that monzo are busy.

I had to use the support on the day this banner first turned up and I have to say I got an initial response within 3 hours and plenty of quick replies after that, was all sorted within 20 minutes of their initial response.

It might not be the usual within 2 hours but the support has still been excellent and one of the reasons I love Monzo so much.

2 Likes

About 6 hours wait for me yesterday.

1 Like

Hey all,

Yep, there’s a been a few issues out of our control over the last week (like the duplicate presentment issue) that have led to a huge surge in queries. We are working our way through them with all hands on deck, and waiting times are already less than they were a few days ago but they still aren’t where we’d like them to be.

As @Dannytc mentioned we have been hiring quite a bit recently and in fact I’m in Cardiff at the moment assisting with the training for a group of 9 or 10 new starters who are at the end of their 2 weeks of training now! There was another group of 10 just before them, and there’s yet another group starting their training on Monday, so that’s already around 30 new hires over the last 4-6 weeks which you should all see the impact of very soon.

I massively appreciate this can be disconcerting for new customers, but this is a temporary spike and not the norm.

We can only effectively hire based on the projected number of queries with some headroom to avoid over-hiring, so when a spike like this happens, it’s not easy to plan for. That said we’re of course analysing what has happened to effectively mitigate in the future as much as possible!

TL;DR - Bear with us for a while and things will be better soon.

21 Likes

Did you send this via the Freepost or the Direct address?

The banner on Android is cool for major issues that affect moving money or payments etc but it’s kind of annoying for this.

6 Likes

Freepost.

It apparently depends on whether the company have 1st class freepost or 2nd class freepost.

Still, Saturday to Thursday is very slow…

Once they receive it I hear it takes 5 working days to be added to your account.

Although once they receive it they are supposed to drop you a quick message to say it’s arrived

2 Likes

Depends really on the post box. If I miss the 9.15 post on Saturday morning they don’t collect from it again until Monday morning

3 Likes

So Monzo recommend that higher value cheques are posted directly to their office address - you can also track it if you wanted.

I generally find that cheques sent this way are processed much quicker.

1 Like

Thanks Simon. Appreciate the reply.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what’s happened before but haven’t had that “we have your cheque” message.

2 Likes

They probably are, but I do have a slight irk in paying to deposit my own money.

It’s not the end of the world, a cheque can be cancelled and re-issued. I just wouldn’t mind knowing what service of Freepost Monzo have paid for!

3 Likes

Agree. For this sort of thing, I’d want to see it on the help tab but not everywhere else, I think.

2 Likes

I absolutely agree with you, and I know Monzo have plans for cheque imaging so this is sort of a temporary measure.

1 Like

It’s a bit of a worry. They should look to implement some AI/Chatbot technology to assist their agents.

Urgh, no, no,no. That would be awful from a customer experience perspective. Why not have a ‘press 1 for xxx’ menu as well and complete the horror!

7 Likes

Working in this industry for decades I can tell you that for some basic use-cases AI chatbots are pretty good. IVRs? Always hated those!- I always try to press 0 and circumvent them.

3 Likes