Long shot questions on refund

I usually use my monzo card every where and my refunds are quick.
Long story short I used travel lodge last month and I had a do no disturb sign outside as I have my dog with me…
A staff member decided to open the the door and walk in even with the sign outside while I was butt naked…
I complained to the CEO of travel lodge and he has issued me a refund this morning to my card…
But in this instance I use my Lloyd’s debit card.any idea when the refund will arrive in my Lloyd’s account…
Normally with Monzo I know it’s very quick…

usually 5 to 10 working days but most of the time it takes around 3 working days to get the money back

I can’t see why refunds with Monzo would be quicker, you might just get notified quicker? The CEO isn’t going to pop down to his PDQ machine and do the refund, it’ll go to another dept, and take a bit of admin and appear at some point soon.

2 Likes

Usually refunds with Monzo are quicker…
Also the CEO has personally called me this morning and has said he has person processed the is refund this morning, and this is a serious matter of me being caught naked so he has delt with it personally

I’d speak to Lloyds.

2 Likes

Monzo participate in all 6 MasterCard clearing cycles so potentially could arrive 24hrs quicker than a bank using only 1

But the bulk of the wait would be down to the merchant and their acquirer.

1 Like

But it was a Lloyd’s visa debit card…not a master card

What did Lloyds say about it?

1 Like

I am asking a question here if anyone has any previous experience with this…

And I’m suggesting you’d get a better answer if you contacted the people who are dealing with the payment?

You’ve also repeatedly stated that the CEO of Travel Lodge is involved, so if you are ok dealing with him, why not ask Lloyds when the refund will appear?

Is this not the main question you want answered? Or am I misreading?

If you want experience from other Lloyds customers, great, but it may not apply to your situation is all, so it may take 2hrs for me, 2 days for someone else, 2 weeks for another person but the people on this forum have no actual details.

Lloyds do. Give 'em a call! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What’s with the attitude?
Why should I contact Lloyd’s when say will say 5 days to cover their back. I am sure it quicker than that and asking other people if they have any experience with a similar situation

I was replying to christery’s point about why monzo could be quicker (than other banks on the MasterCard network.)

The same would apply to visa , the bulk of the wait is down to the merchant and their acquirer, but there could be nearly a day extra depending on what cycles of visa Lloyds participate in.

No attitude.

And if you are happy it’s gonna take up to 5 days then cool. Just not sure why you don’t ask Lloyds themselves, they might have actual detail like ‘I can see it’s pending and will be in your account tomorrow’ kinda thing.

But sure, ask here and we can guess for ya! :smiley:

2 Likes

I probably wouldn’t expect it any faster than Monzo.

If it’s a refund for something that you would otherwise have paid for (ie. a refund for bad service) then at least it’s not urgent, compared to a refund for a transaction you weren’t expecting.

I don’t see any attitude in replies to you here, you just seem to want answers that nobody here could possibly give you.

If you speak to Lloyds they might be able to say “Yes we can see it has been processed and it will hit your account tomorrow” for example.

3 Likes

Just called Lloyd’s, , he is clueless…
He does not know how long refund takes, he said to call the guy refunding me the money and ask him the question …lol
I asked him how many clearing cycle do Lloyd’s participate in…he said he has no idea.

Didn’t know banks have a sex. HSBC is that male or female? What about NatWest or Barclays?

Please do not use the term “tranny” it is derogatory.

3 Likes

Punit I’d have appreciated personally If you had of left out some of the details to your story… naked… dog… walked in on.

Could simply have just asked about the refund :laughing:

About that I can only echo what the other says… usually I’ve found it can take around 5 days give or take.

1 Like

It is about being considerate to other people.

1 Like