Livestreams - do you watch them?

Just something I’ve been thinking about recently.

It wasn’t that long ago that it seemed like every company was going all-in. Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Twitter/Periscope, Instagram Live.

But it seems to me that nobody really cracked it and aside from purpose-specific things, it hasn’t created the kind of community that the hype promised just a few years back.

Do you regularly watch live streams? If so, what’s your platform of choice?

1 Like

Only ever watch live content on either YouTube or Twitch (though understandably the scene is a bit more different over there).

I also tend to find I watch the VODs a lot more after the fact than watching it straight up live - unless there’s a bit more interaction with chat (and acceptance of questions to the speaker etc)

2 Likes

Not often, only really work related live streams on workplace

Tend to skip the live streams because of bad timing :see_no_evil: But most of the livestreams I’m interested in get re-uploaded to YouTube so I can tune into them whenever I like :boom:

Monzo are among the few livestreamers I watch live just because it’s at a sensible time :joy: Too many gamers and tech channels stream into the early AM :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The only platform to really nail it is Twitch.
I hate YouTube live and I’ve never been a fan of Facebook live. If your content is not on twitch I’m likely to give it a miss.
Thankfully my industry is all over twitch, plenty of good content to keep me entertained on slow days.

I’ve watched a few of the Livestreams if I haven’t been able to make it on the night.

I watch Apple Keynotes live, but anything else tech I’m interested in I catch up afterwards, usually on The Verge or similar sites. The whole hassle of being somewhere with connection and stopping what I’m doing to watch. It’s easier to just read a recap usually.

1 Like

Apple keynotes I’ll watch live because I’m a horrific person. Other than that, I’ll sometimes put Twitch gaming streams on in background while I’m working.

1 Like

This just reminded me. where are the Monzo streams now?

YouTube :grin:

Unless I am blind I’ve not seen them being advertised on here though? :eyes: