Monzo Current Account Counter

But how many active users? 50k are people who are actively choosing to upgrade, indicating current use.

No idea.

Would assume that combined with apple store they’re getting 20k downloads a month if they had a license five months tho. Who knows what the retention rate is…

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: German app-only bank N26 gears up for UK launch

I wondered, as well, but then realised that 50+ is like “up to 128MBps” :wink:

2 Likes

Looks like everyone who signed up to Monzo in late October/early November has to wait until January to get their account…
at least that’s what the app is saying

0A922D11-3F41-4AD3-B083-28736AA15856

2 Likes

How do they get point 193 of a person?

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: I guess British-European numeration mix up? I wish there were only 22 and a fifth of a person in front of me, but I am afraid it’s over 22 thousand people.

I believe it’s down to the numeric config of the device, in some parts there’s . used for , and vice versa. In NL, that 1,000.50 would be 1.500,50

Yeah they’re all weirdos :wink:

(I work with Germans, Dutch and other strange cultures who think that a decimal point looks like a comma, so just joshin’ yah)

To me, ‘by January’ means ‘before the end of December’, though it’s an awkward phrase to use.

So then…can someone from Monzo tell us how many offers have been made (and how many are made per day)?

5 Likes

Is it just me, or has the number been supersized on the update page?

1 Like

If it hasn’t been changed then my eyesight has improved dramatically in the last two days!

Yesh changed again, much bigger

I wonder if it signifies something…overtaking a rival perhaps?

By tomorrow, if we are still on track, all pre-paid should have been offered a CA. Bear in mind, the number doesn’t update until the card has been activated, so we shall see. And, that’s if we are still on track.

That would be disappointing, given 500k customers in total, and by tomorrow all of them have been given the opportunity to upgrade and currently only circa 70K CAs are live.

That’s a 14% take up rate.

1 Like

Do we know this for sure? Has every prepaid user been offered a current account now?

TBH, I’m not surprised at a low take-up. I know about a dozen people with Monzo prepaid cards. They don’t move in tech circles. They’re not particularly interested in FinTech either. They all have the card for the same reason: a cheap overseas cash withdrawal card.

They use it when they’re on holiday and forget about it when they get home.

But perhaps my friends are not representative of Monzo prepaid card holders?

It’s not for sure. Thinking about it, given that the Trello page still shows that investor pledger roll out is not yet complete, I think they are not on track.

I was only offered an account today. I’ve have had the prepay since February and was an unsuccessful investor in the last round.

I’m around #117000 on the counter.

Was a very smooth process though, ID was verified almost instantly. Looking forward to using the new card :slight_smile: