Monzo Current Account Counter

Are there published metrics correlating non customer download numbers with account take up in the banking environment?

Doubt it. I am not sure if Google Play Store figures only include standard downloads and not the downloads by those who are in the Beta stream, or if iOS Testflight downloads included in their store figures. Anyone know?

Co-op was reported to have 1.4 m customers in June 2017 by The Guardian and referred to as a possible challenger bank.

1 Like

App rankings don’t just use download figures. They use plenty of criteria, including installs, active use, review scores etc.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :sweat:

1 Like

Monzo are ahead of Starling in the top free finance apps on the App Store again. Monzo are at 32 and Starling are at 41.

1 Like

:zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Which sounds about right looking at the numbers and the waiting list being opened up to general public. A lot of downloads blwill have been inactive till now. :smiley:

However this is impressive that even Starling (with a relatively inferior experience compared to Monzo) is still managing to be ahead of legacy banks, guess this shows how bad the legacy offering is.

Or that there isn’t much interest in mobile banking for any reason on legacy banking </devils_advocate>

2 Likes

Depends on device. Android monzo rubbish, iOS starling rubbish.

Not so rubbish IMO just behind. I do like how Pots are displayed at Android though.

3 Likes

I agree on pots actually!

I just didn’t realise the gap until my colleague swapped his S8 for an iPhone the other week.

Not going to disagree on that :smile:

But people are asking for parity I saw posts today but let’s stay on topic here I think and hope Monzo are working on parity.

1 Like

Can we laugh that the counter is 404 and this is somewhat geeky?

8 Likes

Monzo is up to 150,357!

4 Likes

So do we know how long the queue is now?

My brother joined it yesterday and he said 16k which is much smaller than I thought!

I thought they were getting rid of the queueing system with the current account?

“We’re working hard on getting the …{body copy not found}”

2 Likes

You have heard of peak oil, maybe we have reached peak Monzo.

OK, so we have the distraction of Christmas and Danny in self imposed purgatory but the forum has quietened down recently.

All hands on deck to convert existing cardholders to CA and opening the list to new applicants has only just achieved 33% of the pre paid numbers. Maybe the Tech Savvy and the Fin Tech investor living in London are not sufficient to drive the numbers that were expected. The limited evidence on the forum seems to suggest that the full gamut of current account facilities will be needed to drive the next great expansion.

5 Likes