Monzo Current Account Counter

I doubt Monzo really thought they’d turn 500k prepay cards into 500k current accounts, but they could easily hit 100k quite quickly (70k now, probably a lot that haven’t pushed the button plus a number who are waiting for topups to come back, and that’s before you start on the new users…)… that’s a pretty good conversion rate if you consider the prepay cards a promotion for the CA.

2 Likes

Which is exactly why I doubt they’ve rolled out CA invitations to half a million people.

What we must remember is Monzo want as many customers on the CA as they can, and to close down the costly prepaid cards as quickly as possible. The last we heard about this, was November 23rd when the 2017 To-Do List blog post was published.

We’re now in the process of bringing new and improved Monzo accounts to everyone :tada: More than 50,000 people are already using them, and we plan to invite all existing Monzo users to upgrade by the end of November (that’s next week!).

Until we hear differently, we must assume this is all on track. That said, I don’t think we are on track. Lets hope that we get confirmation at some stage soon.

I was top of the queue for ‘new customers’ my card was ordered tonight. I had a prepay (but closed it in February), so that might make a difference, or maybe the offers have all been made and the general public queue is now open…

We haven’t offered the upgrade to everyone yet. My understanding is that this will happen next week. “Something else” might be landing around that time too if all goes to plan :grinning:

22 Likes

Ha. I see why you’re getting more forum responsibility now. You’ve graduated from @tristan’s trolling school, haven’t you?

10 Likes

This better be Apple Pay!!!

4 Likes

It signifies that we wanted to put the number up on a Raspberry Pi for everyone to see… and this way it’s easier to read! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

:slight_smile: Perfect. Unfortunately, it is a bit too big on a phone screen now. Get on it, web devs! :rofl:

IMG_0247IMG_0248

Screenshot_20171129-223129

14% is a fantastic uptake from pre pay to CA. It’s only the beginning.

3 Likes

Agreed. Most people have met Monzo as a topup card and now they are asking people to upgrade to a full bank account. For a product a few weeks old out of testing this is quite impressive. This is a change of product. Also remember Monzo upgrade is a subtle banner its not annoying nag screen stopping you using the app until you upgrade.

Also people are loyal to their banks. So I see this is a great start.

4 Likes

It’s actually more than 14% if you use 14-day or 30-day active users rather than total customers as the total :grinning:

6 Likes

I wonder how this will have to change as we get closer to the end of the prepaid programme. At some point a nice friendly banner will not suffice in telling users: upgrade soon or lose the account.

3 Likes

Screenshot_20171130-081139

2 Likes

Could we have a stats breakdown blog post? Everyone loves a good stats breakdown. :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

i havnt taken it a CA for a few reasons. some have been addressed (pots), some havn’t (top-ups and awaiting investor card)

on the investor card note, i’d rather wait for that rather than changing cards twice in short succession

I now have top ups with CA on iPhone :grinning::grinning::grinning: although I think I read somewhere it was a limited rollout at the moment before you now commit to CA having waited for top ups

2 Likes

Yeah I am not seeing this. :thinking: