List of retailers who don’t impose a £30 limit on transactions

I’ve never actually used Apple/Google Pay for transactions over £30 (I’m not made of money), but most of the stores I visit support it.

Liam

I wish more shops supported Apple Pay on the Web, especially Tesco and Ocado… Then my over £30 spend would significantly increase… though I wonder if that counts as contactless transaction at all…

I just tried using Monzo via Apple Pay at my local Co-Op with no problem whatsoever. It’s a new shop and I used the self serve till, of that makes any difference.

Was it a Co-op or a Lincolnshire Co-op? They are separate shops

1 Like

Does Monzo have any limit on how much could go through on a contactless transaction?

Might be a good user setting, don’t want to card clash and accidentally pay for something from the wrong account!

Morrison’s actually advertise no limit on Apple/Google Pay on a little card wrapped around the terminals at the checkouts. Their petrol stations also allow >£30 (tested last night)

The former. I didn’t realise they were different.

And it’s true (up to at least £50 in my experience).

Yeah - the co-op officially accept Apple Pay but Lincolnshire co-op don’t (still stuck on the past in Lincolnshire!!). They are affiliated with each other but are two different entities

There are about 20 odd major co-ops that sell nationally known co-op braanded items, but have their own membership card schemes, ATM and POS arrangements. In Essex we have about 3 different co-ops and it is a pain they are not one company. I am not going to carry 3 different loyalty cards around, so whenever they offer me one I suggest what they can do with it :wink:

If you want to follow a Wikipedia hole, check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Co-op_Food#List_of_UK_Co-operatives_with_Food_Retail_Operations and it’s fun that some have branding differences too…

2 Likes

@chrisdeeming Is it possible to turn this into a wiki that people can edit or list them out in your first post. Saves having to scroll and read through each post!

9 Likes

@valbg Ocado definitely take Apple Pay for over £30. I’ve just managed £62.

1 Like

Ocado does Apple Pay over Web?! Since when?! :dizzy_face:

1 Like

The Ipswich Station ticket desk doesn’t seem to support Android Pay, even for under £30, yet the ticket machines support it, and contactless cards work fine at the ticket office. I wonder if it’s a MasterCard/Visa thing, might try it some time with the visa card I’ve got, if it hasn’t been fixed yet.

I have a sneaky suspicion visa will work. I really hope this (weird) issue gets sorted soon - I guess as mastercards are adopted more by banks for their debit cards it will but how long that will take - who knows!!

I’ll figure out how to do it and do just that.

Ironically I just used Apple Pay to make a £1884 payment at a non-major retailer so, finally, I have proof it works!

3 Likes

I’ve only used it via the iOS app.

Hey all :wave:

Big thanks to @alexs for creating a wiki post on this topic here. Let’s use that for now :slight_smile:

There’s instructions on how to add information in the post

2 Likes