Let us see the account details for faster payments again

Holding out on updating for now :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Voted, i agree this is crucial information.
Monzo at one time wanted to be a hub for your accounts, help you have an good overview and help manage your money better.

This goes against that.

As noted above other banks don’t tend to have this information in their feed, which makes it difficult to manage, if this is the direction Monzo wants to go in what makes Monzo any different from the banks that don’t show this info, have a clunky interface - don’t encourage great money management.

What really is mind boggling, honestly, is who would tap a transaction for further details, to not want to receive further details. :exploding_head:

It almost renders the other information useless…

Why tell me how my money got there, if you won’t tell me where my money has gone.

Why give me an option to add a receipt for faster payments? The bank statement is already proof, in the same vein of privacy this could risk too much information.

The notes/tags will be populated with the reference of the transaction, which is available on the feed, So tapping for further details doesn’t tell you anything new.

History now is pointless, have a strong feature of having 1 payee, listed with multiple accounts, now you wont know what account the history is for.

This is weird. :confused::frowning:

5 Likes

Satisfaction:

Dissatisfaction:

6 Likes

Thinking about this it does make sense to hide the details for inbound payments. Received a payment from CeX the other week for some stuff I sold and noticed it had their bank details associated, which isn’t at all necessary.

For outbound payments, it’s pretty nonsensical as you must have known the details to make the payment in the first place. Feels like this change was done to satisfy the requirement of “hide confidential information”, but in a somewhat inelegant manner which impacts the usability of the app.

1 Like

Even for inbound payments, there is an impact for businesses such as that mentioned in the tweet by RevK above, as it is now impossible to return funds incorrectly received (and I’m sure there are other implications, like confirming money arrived from a certain account).

2 Likes

What a stupid idea.

Now I have no way knowing which of the several accounts under my own payee name I sent money to or received money from.

3 Likes

Just to say I cant see account detail in Starling as well now.

Not correct at least for me any payments received whilst I cannot see the account details in my feed if I go to Payments I can still see the sender and return a payment and even see the bank account. Also for those saying they are not sure which of their many accounts paid in money just set a reference such as From NatWest or similar

Surely that depends on whether you already have the contact? If someone sends you money out of the blue (as they may do with a business account), you’re unlikely to know their return bank details.

I understand that references can be used and will probably be a work around, but I believe RevK was making use of Monzo to both verify direct debit details and to automatically return unintended payments. Removing the account details prevents both of these from working, and I’d imagine has some impact on how other businesses manage their payments.

I don’t particularly want to have to manually replace “Sent from Monzo” every time I make a payment so that I know where I sent it to. Monzo is the only bank where I don’t have to put the bank name in the reference to have some idea where the money went to/came from.

With the business account the person/account appears no contact needed in the monzo app I haven’t had any inbound payments on my personal account to check that’s I only use it as a spending card as I have a Joint NatWest Account with my wife for my main account

Can’t understand the logic for removing this - I personally tried to pay someone again and couldn’t find the button that used to allow you to pay someone again.

Please revert this change ASAP!

4 Likes

Are the sort code and account number still visible on the payments tab? I haven’t upgraded yet.

I never seem to use the payments tab. I’m always searching for a previous Outgoing transaction and sending from there.

They are yes, with no additional authentication required to see them. That’s what makes this change so baffling and frustrating.

They’ve obfuscated useful transactional data and removed a useful feature, with no identifiable reason for doing so.

4 Likes

The fact all my banks have removed this I suspect it’s a regulation thing.

1 Like

Bizarre regulation if that’s the case. Would be nice if someone official could come and clarify.

2 Likes

On outgoing transfers?

First Direct haven’t.

1 Like

I’m still getting the details on Starling and Dozens, for both incoming and outgoing funds. :man_shrugging:

I don’t use starling often but my January transfer from RBS to starling has no account details on it like number or sort. Just a alias type account name.

Edit: just sent £1 to my starling from RBS and no account number or sort listed and the same alias listed. I have no payees saved in starling so the alias is coming from RBS or somewhere else but it gives no clue about sort or account number.

Strange, still showing for me. Maybe it’s a phased roll out? Are you on Android or iOS?