Legacy Monzo Plus Issues

Does anyone know why :monzo: shelved the alternative custom app icons from legacy Plus? :man_shrugging:t3:

If I remember rightly, there were blue, gold, red and silver options, as well as the standard logo, and a Pride icon - which is still available.

The text “We love that you’ve been a part of Monzo’s growth, so we created special app icons for you to choose from :sparkles: could apply to all customers (and especially community members!), so would love to see these return! :+1:t3: :slightly_smiling_face:

I imagine they might return under the new Plus. However, as they retracted the Plus offering, and refunded people they revoked most of the benefits as well - they let people keep their cards if they wanted.

Worth also noting, the Pride icon didn’t arrive under Plus, it was released separately. :monzopride:

1 Like

True, I was grateful I got to keep my midnight blue card! :+1:t3: :smile:

It would be great if they could return as part of the basic account, and not be a premium feature, but that’s just my opinion :blush:

I get that, but you gotta keep something back for people to want to upgrade :wink:

1 Like

Refunded people? I only just found out about all this a few days ago and I’ve been paying my £3 every month since it started!

Chat to support. :slight_smile:

But you knew about this and people getting refunds in September. You commented about it

8 Likes

You have a good memory! Blimey.
Jesus, thats scary, I must be going senile at 46. I have no memory of that. I’ve still been for paying it! Could have saved myself over £21 since then.

1 Like

They’re still there. Gold is for crowdfunding investors. The three Monzo Plus cards have corresponding custom icons- Coral, Blue, Midnight Blue.

1 Like

I’ve still got them on my iPhone, so they’re still available on iOS at least.

1 Like

Once a plustomer, always a plustomer :joy:

Why have you got 2 plus icons? I thought you only got the one that matched which card colour you chose?

I no longer have Plus and although I still have the card I don’t have the icon :cry:

1 Like

There’s was an update a few months ago where all Plus icons were enabled for all Plus customers. The Coral icon only appears on my Android tablet though, never on iOS. Glad to see I’m not the only one @Justin!

Ahhhh, I cancelled the legacy Plus account way-back-when and I still have the silver icon, but all the others disappeared for me!

Didn’t even know there was a Coral option! :scream:

Not sure if this is the best thread to post this query, but as the new announcement thread is innundated. Have their been any comms about retirement of Legacy Plus?

I still have it, as it’s actively profitable i.e. the monthly interest outweighs the £3 fee.

I’ll possibly/probably take advantage of the 2 months free sign up for existing Plustomers, but what if I don’t do it just yet?

As of today, the financial perks aren’t appealing simply as they’re vendors I wouldn’t use. The features do look appealing, however they are just that, and I figure they’ll be available whenever I choose to sign up, it doesn’t sound like the £5/m is an early bird.

At risk of sounding like Scrooge McDuck, I’m currently profiting c.£2/m by sticking with what I’ve got, so how long can I expect to eek that out for?

1 Like

Somebody in the previous thread said they got a response from support that said something like they have no plans to retire the old Monzo Plus plans, should that change you’ll get 60 days notice.

I’d go and find the post to quote but that thread has far too many comments :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks. I did comment in there yesterday but got lost in the tidal wave. That’s useful though, I didn’t see it.

Ta daaa :muscle:

2 Likes

I guess this thread should be “Legacy Legacy Plus” now with a new one for “Legacy Plus”? :joy:

1 Like

I’ve seen the new Plus variously referred to as V2, V3, and V4 in different places :sweat_smile:

2 Likes