Launching Pots

Where are POTS?
Last update says available in accounts - but I can’t find.

When you’re in the account tab, you should be able to swipe left on the card image and see a add pot button :slight_smile:

This applies to those with a current account. If you are still on prepaid you won’t have access

Sorry yes @zombi is right, I was assuming you had upgraded to the current account and were just struggling to find pots but if you haven’t upgraded yet, the option will appear once you have :slight_smile:

This poll is excellent. The resulting priority based on votes is pretty much how I’d roadmap development. But, for me, by far the most important ability to add is automation of transfers into & out of Pots. Until that happens I can’t make the switch from Natwest as I have many standing orders set up between accounts already. I don’t want to manage those manually.

2 Likes

chip are setting up their own bank - I wonder if they’ll still be interested in integrating

So…finally migrated back to the main Monzo app and can’t see pots? Am I missing something?!

Do you have a Current Account? Go to the Accounts page, and swipe the image of the debit card over to the left. You can add new pots from there.

1 Like

First iteration of pots is GREAT! Took the poll, sure ever feature will make its way there eventually. What about the ability to change which pit funds your card?

Similar to curve… what if I’m saving for spending money on a holiday, so when I’m on that holiday, I chose the ‘Holiday’ pot, and that’s where the funds get taken on for my card transactions?

3 Likes

Solved! Thanks for the tip!

I think this feature is covered by the following two options in Alex’s poll, so vote for them. :wink:

1 Like

I love this feature! so glad it’s been implemented. @bea is there interest on the account total and or on the individual pots?

1 Like

0%

20 chars limited reached

2 Likes

Yeah right, sorry misread the option as making payments from a pot as opposed to card transactions from a pot.

Same thing I guess. Thanks. Voted.

2 Likes

If I’m launching a fund for something like a road-trip, I’d love it if I could share a link with monzo.me to pay into my pot.

So for birthday, Christmas etc I can say “put some money in my road trip pot”

12 Likes

So, as an Android user, I followed a previous post and loaded the app on to my iPad to take a peek at Pots and what everyone is commenting on.

I must say, if this is what is to be released to Android on Monday, I am under-whelmed and won’t be bothering to use Pots until the features requested in the Poll are integrated.

My funds will stay with Starling.

Disappointed, as I look to use Monzo more due to a belief that their current account is going to be subject of fewer outages than Starling due to In-house processing.

I prefer Monzo transactions to Starling’s current offerings, however, definitely favour Goals over Pots in the current form.

1 Like

Out of interest, why? As I understand it, this is an MVP - not final version so I’m interested in what is so terrible compared to Starling?

Some people are just never happy - not happy for something provided for free as well…! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Except you can totally use your own images…

I like the placeholder images as well in addition though, that’s something I have mentioned with the Starling Goals. Sometimes I might not have an images suitable so being able to pick from a range of stock images or just colours is really good, add personalised images on top and you’re onto a winner!

I like this implementation, the fact that it’s like an extra card. That makes sense when saying that things can come out of the Pots. It’ll also be even better if you could select the ‘Pot’ from the list of ‘cards’ from this screen, sort of like Curve, to then say “this next transaction I am making should come out of this Pot”.

I actually prefer this being hidden away as much as possible as it feels more seamless and in the background. I should be able to just set and forget and then have the normal balance as my ‘spending money’. From a savings point of view, having it hidden away removes as much encouragement to spend it as possible so I definitely like @alexs suggestion in the poll of having them lockable.

Also as others have mentioned, being able to type a specific amount is definitely needed. I’ve voted on the priorities but definitely think scheduled payments into a Pot should come first!

1 Like

And scheduled out of a pot too! - dividing disposable income into weekly amounts and auto transferring chunks back into the main balance would be awesome