[iOS] Last payee reference

Issue:
On test flight payee reference now defaults to last used except if one wasn’t previously used. It uses the name you have used set up payee.

Details to reproduce:
Select a payee not previously used
iOS 11.1.4
Device:
iPhone SE
App Version:
2.36.0 (508)

Screenshots:

Not exactly sure how this is a bug :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yeah might not be but seems weird to pay someone with their details as reference? Or thinking about it might be so it shows in your feed that way?

I think it’s intended behaviour, just to have something in there other than the wildly complained about ‘Sent from Monzo’

3 Likes

Would it make more sense to default to sending account holders name? Otherwise R Hodgkinson might see R Hodgkinson on statement and have no idea what it is.
I have no preference. I usually use stupid references anyway, like donuts etc.

The receiver will see the senders name anyway, it’s a bit of a tricky one really.

1 Like

Ah ok. Didn’t realise. Maybe working as intended then.

I dont understand why Monzo are feeling the need to fill an optional field

If you pay your credit card or store card bill manually, this completely makes sense. It prevents you sending a payment without a reference, and saves you the bother of having to look it up as it’s already there.

Edit: what happens if you have multiple references stored?

1 Like

It defaults to the last one used but a drop down menu on click to select previous ones (as before).

2 Likes

Nice, this is exactly how I’d want it.

2 Likes

Perfect.

At least this means I won’t have to worry I’ve sent that £5 topup to Freetrade without a reference in future!

3 Likes