Labs Feedback: Summary šŸ“Š

Amazing thanks Jami

A question answered 9 hours before I ask it makes for an easy conversation, thanks!

2 Likes

Thereā€™s something I donā€™t like about the line ā€œIt looks like you will run out of moneyā€. It feels a little, presumptuous. Maybe swapping the word ā€œwillā€ for ā€œmayā€ will succumb my petty annoyance. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Ive taken it as a challenge to prove it wrong. No donut is going to tell me what to do :grin:

8 Likes

Not sure if this has been mentioned. I would prefer to not see the other categories which arenā€™t in use. Currently they are greyed out, but think it would be more aesthetically appealing without them!

7 Likes

New to Monzo as of about 2 weeks, but what got me into this was the ability to really track my spending.

Monthly tracking is great, but as I get paid around the 26th of each month, Iā€™d like the ability to be able to track from pay cheque-to-pay cheque without trackers resetting on the 1st of every month.

Itā€™s a simple addition that is hopefully on its way! Iā€™ve discussed with friends and this is the main feature keeping some of them away from joining, and others away from continuing to use Monzo!

:wave: hi

Have you signed up to (more like toggled to activate) Monzo Labs feature? It does exactly this

Still in test phase so isnā€™t perfect yet, but it will be

Ah Rat replied before I finished typing but have you seen this blog post? Thereā€™s an option to mark inbound payments as salary (above Ā£500 if Iā€™m not wrong). Sounds like something that would work for you!

2 Likes

Hey Franco :wave:

Iā€™ve moved your post here where thereā€™s more details about the custom start dates for the month functionality, which you can try with Monzo Labs. If you decide to give it a go, please share your feedback here :raised_hands:

If not, once this testingā€™s done theyā€™ll release this for everyone :boom:

1 Like

Hi Alex,

Thanks for this, however this is based on my pay going straight into my account, which it doesnā€™t at the moment. Instead Iā€™ve transferred a portion of my pay which Iā€™d like to use.

There should be an option to allow me to allocate the start and end tracking dates, or to allocate a separate income into the account as my ā€˜starting pointā€™.

Any way to help here?

You can still mark transfers from yourself as income if Iā€™m not wrong, and set custom dates instead of having it just at the start of the month. Minimum amount still applies though, though some people have asked to have this lowered for freelancers etc.

1 Like

Yes Jamiā€™s said that theyā€™re planning to review this :soon:

Are you able to let me know how I can do that?

When I go to ā€˜Set Paydateā€™ it doesnt show the Transfer to make this my income.

Was the transfer more than Ā£500?

1 Like

It was exactly Ā£500! Assuming that it has to be just over? :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Hmm Iā€™d be surprised but maybe transfer it back & try Ā£500.01? :grimacing:

1 Like

I transferred the money back on the 26th of April - would there be anyway of marking this as my income and then setting the dates according to that?

:thinking:

As far as I can tell no. If itā€™s not showing as a transaction you can select to choose pay date then it just defaults to monthly. It is changing to a lower amount soon. Details of the changes were posted before but itā€™s a long thread so hereā€™s a direct link to the post Labs Feedback: Summary šŸ“Š

What I would find really useful is for those items which you have tagged show under their own catagory under ā€˜Spendingā€™.
This would allow users to see useful information like how much they are spending on lunch or nights out without having to search for it which is a bit tedious.

2 Likes

Custom categories would be the dream! Or add things like breakfast, lunch, dinner, night out, special occasions and treats (cause sometimes you just gotta). Custom ā€˜upload a photoā€™ icons would be a nice touch too! :ok_hand: